Home

Mike Vick sentenced to two years in prison

This is a discussion on Mike Vick sentenced to two years in prison within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Mike Vick sentenced to two years in prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
I don't think the sentence was long enough either. The judge had the chance to send a message and chose not to. I would have liked to have seen a minimum of 3 years in prison for what he did. I hope that he never plays another down in the NFL again and I really hope that someone takes care of him in prison and he never sees the light of day again.
I couldn't disagree more. He shouldn't have got 3 months. IT WAS SOME DOGS. He didn't kill anyone. I know one thing I am pissed at. The money that went into all this, and we KNOW it was substantial, could have went into seeing that some kids got current books in these SAME neighborhoods were Vick grew up so that maybe the next kid doesn't have to follow that path. That same money could have went to giving some underprivileged people a chance to learn some job skills so they don't feel they have to turn to dogfighting as a way to earn some cash. That same time and money could have went to sex education to help prevent disease so that Atlanta , which is RAPIDLY GROWING according to latest stats in new HIV cases, can stem the tide of sexually transmitted diseases. That same time and money, well I think you guys get the picture.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #58
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
So you think that sentence sent no message, NO MESSAGE AT ALL?

I could understand maybe not enough of a message, but NO MESSAGE AT ALL?
If some 'regular' dude did something like this, he would probably be in for like 5 years. These "athletes" should not be held to a different standard. I do agree that the sentence was on the low side.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #59
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I couldn't disagree more. He shouldn't have got 3 months. IT WAS SOME DOGS. He didn't kill anyone. I know one thing I am pissed at. The money that went into all this, and we KNOW it was substantial, could have went into seeing that some kids got current books in these SAME neighborhoods were Vick grew up so that maybe the next kid doesn't have to follow that path. That same money could have went to giving some underprivileged people a chance to learn some job skills so they don't feel they have to turn to dogfighting as a way to earn some cash. That same time and money could have went to sex education to help prevent disease so that Atlanta , which is RAPIDLY GROWING according to latest stats in new HIV cases, can stem the tide of sexually transmitted diseases. That same time and money, well I think you guys get the picture.
He bred dogs for the purpose of fighting them to the death and killed the ones that didn't live up to what he wanted, but at least he didn't kill anyone. I hope he meets someone in prison with the same disregard for human life that he has for animal life and that person takes care of him.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. He shouldn't have got 3 months. IT WAS SOME DOGS. He didn't kill anyone.
Hahaha...

Oh, you're serious?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
I hope he meets someone in prison with the same disregard for human life that he has for animal life and that person takes care of him.
See and THIS here is why I don't agree with him at all. In NO CASE OR SHAPE OR FORM can you evaluate human and animal life as the same. And wishing that on him in my eyes makes you less than him. You have no regard for human life if you wish that on him. If you wished a pack of wild dogs got to him then I can understand that. But wishing that another person kill him, basically what you're saying, is ludicrous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #62
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
See and THIS here is why I don't agree with him at all. In NO CASE OR SHAPE OR FORM can you evaluate human and animal life as the same. And wishing that on him in my eyes makes you less than him. You have no regard for human life if you wish that on him. If you wished a pack of wild dogs got to him then I can understand that. But wishing that another person kill him, basically what you're saying, is ludicrous.
I've said that all along. I think his sentence should have been that he was placed in a ring with 20 or 30 hungry Pit Bulls and he was covered with meat, but since we have a "humane" justice system that will never happen. Therefore I hope I wake up one morning about 6 months from now and see that someone has shivved him in prison. I'll finish my breakfast with a smile on my face knowing that he got the true treatment that he deserved. I place people who kill animals for fun (cockfighting dog fighting etc) one rung above people who kill other people. Most people play a video game or go see a movie for entertainment. It takes a real scumbag to delight in the torture of another species for his personal entertainment.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I've said that all along. I think his sentence should have been that he was placed in a ring with 20 or 30 hungry Pit Bulls and he was covered with meat, but since we have a "humane" justice system that will never happen. Therefore I hope I wake up one morning about 6 months from now and see that someone has shivved him in prison. I'll finish my breakfast with a smile on my face knowing that he got the true treatment that he deserved. I place people who kill animals for fun (cockfighting dog fighting etc) one rung above people who kill other people. Most people play a video game or go see a movie for entertainment. It takes a real scumbag to delight in the torture of another species for his personal entertainment.
I agree 100% with what you said. This is how I would assume most people would feel. How anyone disagrees with what dave360 said, is beyond me.

Vick and his buddies are truly the scum of the Earth. Killing of innocent dogs, in my opinion, in some ways is worse than actual homicide. People can be complete scum, whereas animals are just innocent creatures. How anyone can kill them with a smile on their face, is truly sickening.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Federal money was used. The items you are writing about are usually funded by the states.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »