Home

NFC DIVISIONAL: Giants vs. Cowboys - "For the history books"

This is a discussion on NFC DIVISIONAL: Giants vs. Cowboys - "For the history books" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #129
Rookie

Mr.Burns's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NFC DIVISIONAL: Giants vs. Cowboys - "For the history books"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
TO will be tip top, so that's a non issue.

I think the Gmen do have the talent to contend, and that they've been their own worst enemy in most of their bad games. Even in the loss to the Patriots, there was that boneheaded defensive play against Moss, which was charity that NE didn't need.
Either you're talking about the phantom holding call on Webster, or the personal foul on Toomer on the sidelines.(which nobody understood?) I think the team needs more talent at DL/LB/CB/S/WR.
Picturing the faces of Chargers' fans and certain studio analysts as they watch Eli play in the Super Bowl XLII from their respective homes, or for some - a television studio - Priceless.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #130
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Burns
Either you're talking about the phantom holding call on Webster, or the personal foul on Toomer on the sidelines.(which nobody understood?) I think the team needs more talent at DL/LB/CB/S/WR.

The Toomer call was crazy, but I'm not referring to that. The NFL refs are horrible, and that's to be expected at least once per game on both sides. I was referring to the Moss touchdown on the streak play. Just before that, he streaked and didn't catch the ball, and the Giants dodged a bullet. You let the best WR in the league beat you on a streak play twice?? WTF. If he caught that over two defenders, then just praise Moss and Brady as usual, but he wasn't covered properly after the Pats showed the Giants the hole in the D. It'd be one thing if it was Gaffney or some fourth receiver, but this was Randy Moss open on a streak twice in a row. There was no safety doubling, or protecting the long ball in a zone.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The Toomer call was crazy, but I'm not referring to that. The NFL refs are horrible, and that's to be expected at least once per game on both sides. I was referring to the Moss touchdown on the streak play. Just before that, he streaked and didn't catch the ball, and the Giants dodged a bullet. You let the best WR in the league beat you on a streak play twice?? WTF. If he caught that over two defenders, then just praise Moss and Brady as usual, but he wasn't covered properly after the Pats showed the Giants the hole in the D. It'd be one thing if it was Gaffney or some fourth receiver, but this was Randy Moss open on a streak twice in a row. There was no safety doubling, or protecting the long ball in a zone.
For the life of me I couldn't understand that at all. After the first drop I was BEGGING for them to call a timeout. Something was definitely wrong and they needed to talk it over. I saw that second attempt coming a mile away. I forget who but somebody was limping on D during the dropped attempt. Coaching staff blew that one in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #132
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

MBIII finally gets the start...about time..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3193599
Old 01-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #133
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

it's game day bitches! The road to Glendale begins in a few hours at Texas Stadium!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #134
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Ahhhh, game day. Finally. I'm sure the Cowboys are chomping at the bit to get back on the field and shut up the media. The Giants need to just keep doing what they've done in the past few games. Run the ball, play smart with the passing game, and get to the QB. Of course, that's easier said then done.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 01-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #135
Banned

The media is actually a wash as far as motivation for either team. Nobody is going out on a limb one way or the other, well let me say when you watch these sport shows there's one guys saying Cowboys while the other is saying Giants. So it gets settled on the field once and for all (till next season at least lol)

LET'S GET IT ON!!

PS: I'll be at the bar for this game fellas so I wont be contributing to the thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #136
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
The Giants need to just keep doing what they've done in the past few games. Run the ball, play smart with the passing game, and get to the QB. Of course, that's easier said then done.
NY isnt going to have success running the ball. I can tell ya that. Teams dont run against the Cowboys (Lions game doesnt count )

Manning is going to have to have a great game for the Giants to have good success on offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »