Home

Romo punts Jessica Simpson

This is a discussion on Romo punts Jessica Simpson within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #49
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Romo punts Jessica Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I really don't see how it is defiling or of any defamation to Heath Ledger. That's a little over sensitive IMO. Really when would the timing be good. So a yr later after his death it would be OK to post that photo?

Nobody was losing control when they saw the photo for openers. Also It was funny before he died, but now I didin't laugh (as I'm sure others didin't) because when they saw it they immediately thought about HL...that's not being overly-sensitive, it's just a bit of compassion for someone dying within the last 48hrs.
All over the place people are talking about it, and yes it's a shame....more so than Cadillac Williams possibly ending his career.

Also the BBMountain thing has been all over youtube and was funny, but I bet the fad will pass, and people will find something else to use instead of something that reminds them of a dead actor.

And total ownership, I'm not sure what your idea of a 'man' is, but even early humans had empathy for their fellow man - and this is comming from a 200lbs dude who boxes ------ the only point was that it was bad timing..as it was...no biggie, it's just not funny anymore.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Nobody was losing control when they saw the photo for openers. Also It was funny before he died, but now I didin't laugh (as I'm sure others didin't) because when they saw it they immediately thought about HL...that's not being overly-sensitive, it's just a bit of compassion for someone dying within the last 48hrs.
All over the place people are talking about it, and yes it's a shame....more so than Cadillac Williams possibly ending his career.

Also the BBMountain thing has been all over youtube and was funny, but I bet the fad will pass, and people will find something else to use instead of something that reminds them of a dead actor.

And total ownership, I'm not sure what your idea of a 'man' is, but even early humans had empathy for their fellow man - and this is comming from a 200lbs dude who boxes ------ the only point was that it was bad timing..as it was...no biggie, it's just not funny anymore.
Well some people here disagree as there where replies with in this thread. With the Jessica Simpson Romo thing it's even funnier. And sure man is supposed to have some empathy for their fellow man. I have empathy for my fellow man and this is coming from a 236 lbs dude who..... well never mind, lol. But I'm not going to sit down and cry with a with a guy cause he has a hangnail. But come on and be real, you know guys are being sissified these days. Tell the truth, ruth.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #51
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Well some people here disagree as there where replies with in this thread. With the Jessica Simpson Romo thing it's even funnier. And sure man is supposed to have some empathy for their fellow man. I have empathy for my fellow man and this is coming from a 236 lbs dude who..... well never mind, lol. But I'm not going to sit down and cry with a with a guy cause he has a hangnail. But come on and be real, you know guys are being sissified these days. Tell the truth, ruth.
I agree w/ you to a certain extent, but feel that you jumped the gun on the original guy who basically said 'bad timing' - not 'OMG WTF i can't believe etc. etc. etc.'. ...whatever, who cares. I did think he was a very good actor though, even his small part in monster's ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #52
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Honestly you guys are WAAAY too sensitive if you believe that. But this is the way of the world these days. "Metrosexual" men. Relate and connect to the inner "woman/child/whatever else makes you a little sweet". Men aren't built like men anymore.

If the picture had a skull where Heath's head was then that would be cold. If it said "Massageback Mountain 2: Ain't no coming back from this one" then that would be wrong and cold. The list goes on. Poor taste there. But the picture above has nothing to do with Heath except he starred in it. If you guys can't make that distinction then something is wrong, seriously.
Seriously your post is more offensive than anything else. The only thing you needed to say was what I put in bold of your quote. I actually agree but you took it to that next level and called people out on their masculinity on top of that? Who pissed in your cheerios? Really shouldn't be talking about anybody's manhood on an internet messageboard anyway.

Can we please get this back on topic? Then again, the topic isn't really news either so I don't know where it should go, lol.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #53
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In my opinion is was a poor choice to post the picture in light of the recent death of Heath Legder.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, I know it's a joke on the Cowboys, but the timing wasn't very good.

Oh come on.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #54
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Wow. Six pages on this?

I like Romo's style. Act like he is in love with a hotty, bang her for a few months, and then dump her.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 01-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #55
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Wow. Six pages on this?

I like Romo's style. Act like he is in love with a hotty, bang her for a few months, and then dump her.
Hit and Run!
Warriors
49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #56
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I hate this country's obsession with celebrity romance. There's no way this is ****ing news-worthy.
Finally, a voice of reason. It sickens me that people find fascination in this on a video game sports messageboard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »