Home

Most accurate QB?

This is a discussion on Most accurate QB? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who is the most accurate qb?
Peyton Manning 37 31.36%
Tom Brady 58 49.15%
Drew Brees 4 3.39%
Ben Roethlisberger 0 0%
Brett Favre 3 2.54%
Carson Palmer 5 4.24%
Tony Romo 3 2.54%
David Garrard 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Most accurate QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
But if your gonna knock Brady a lil for having time, you need to knock Manning down a lil for playing half his games indoors without the weather affects. Not having to deal with the elements and/or wind does help.
both qbs get alot of time to throw.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #34
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Kind of high for Brees. He's had some "WTF" throws. His good ones far outweigh the bad but compared to the others I'd say he's clearly at the bottom of the list.
I wouldn't. Due to his height, his accuracy is what makes him an upper echelon QB in the league. The only reason he was making "WTF" kind of throws (especially this year) was due to horrible pressure and line play early in the season. Do that to ANY QB and they look like *** (Manning against SD this year).
Old 02-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #35
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
I think he's more accurate as well, but you have to take into account that up until 2007 Peyton has always had the better receiving core.
sure, but he makes them way better as well...you think brandon stokley will ever get another 1000 yard season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 14

You think Welker would catch 112 passes with anyone else throwing him the ball?

Stokely was the product of having Harrison and Wayne on the edges. One surefire HoF and another one who is on his way.

EDIT: My bad. It's 7 evaluators for ESPN. Marv Levy, Art Rooney Jr., Ken Meyer, Zeke Bratkowski, Dick Haley, Larry Kennan and James Harris have been watching, coaching or playing quarterback at the college and pro levels for a combined 321 years heading into 2008.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ike&id=3209882

Last edited by eXperiment63; 02-01-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #37
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I wouldn't. Due to his height, his accuracy is what makes him an upper echelon QB in the league. The only reason he was making "WTF" kind of throws (especially this year) was due to horrible pressure and line play early in the season. Do that to ANY QB and they look like *** (Manning against SD this year).
Maybe Peyton's not so good if he's shorter. They are what and who they are and that's all we can evaluate. I'd be curious to see where Palmer would be with a defense, how Big Ben would do in the Pats offense... or how about Alex Smith, Leinart or Cutler with a Pats or Colts Oline?

Basically, you may be right but that's part of the evaluation. I really hate adding to the Brady lovefest but we've seen him with a shaky oline, no WRs, no RBs... he's succeeded in each situation. Could say the same about McNabb on a lower level. It makes it easier to evaluate the ones we've seen in all the situations, but I personally don't think we can bump someone up on what if's. I think Brees is hands down better than Big Ben right now (I know some disagree) but Ben is 100 times better under pressure. Has nothing to do with accuracy (which we're talking about) but we can only go by what we can actually see, right?
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Maybe Peyton's not so good if he's shorter. They are what and who they are and that's all we can evaluate. I'd be curious to see where Palmer would be with a defense, how Big Ben would do in the Pats offense... or how about Alex Smith, Leinart or Cutler with a Pats or Colts Oline?

Basically, you may be right but that's part of the evaluation. I really hate adding to the Brady lovefest but we've seen him with a shaky oline, no WRs, no RBs... he's succeeded in each situation. Could say the same about McNabb on a lower level. It makes it easier to evaluate the ones we've seen in all the situations, but I personally don't think we can bump someone up on what if's. I think Brees is hands down better than Big Ben right now (I know some disagree) but Ben is 100 times better under pressure. Has nothing to do with accuracy (which we're talking about) but we can only go by what we can actually see, right?
looks like everyone thinks brady is by far the most accurate.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

lol, not at all... I even said earlier that I don't think it's Brady. I just don't think there's much of an argument against those who do. I don't think Brees deserves to be up there though. Maybe in a few years but he's still a little too inconsistent for me to call him "most accurate".
Old 02-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #40
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
You think Welker would catch 112 passes with anyone else throwing him the ball?
yes, or maybe not quite that high, but still impressive. he's very talented, he even caught 67 balls last year in Miami which is a feat in itself - he probably would have had more if it wasn't only his 2nd season.

you're right though, and both QB's are extremely talented without question

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »