Home

The Lions really don't care about their fans

This is a discussion on The Lions really don't care about their fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Lions really don't care about their fans

Quote:
Furlong owned season tickets for three years. He had two in the club level the first year. The second year, he received two more in the lower level stands after being on a waiting list -- so he had four. The third season, they reduced the size of the club level, including a portion where his seats were located, which were on the aisle.

He said he wanted to keep those two seats, add two club-level seats and asked that two seats he had in the stands be combined with his seats from the club level that were moved to the stands. The Lions agreed. It gave him six season tickets.

But when he went to sit in his old seats, somebody else was sitting in them. He asked them to leave, but when he looked at his tickets, he noticed his seats had been moved.
that could happen anywhere. Lots of teams do ticketing based off priority points, or some other similar system. It takes into consideration how much you buy, and for how long you've been doing so. Not everyone can get the same seats when they request an increase or special accomodation, so adding seats to an order can often have your whole order moved.

He's been a ticket holder for 3 years, so no shock he got moved around a bit, someone should have explained it better to him though.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #10
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

I think the fact that Millen is still employed is more of a testament that they don't care about their fans rather than this one ticket incident.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 05-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I thought about this last year when the Lions went on their skid. I really just couldn't believe that the Lions would do something like this again to their fans. In 57 years, the Lions have only won ONE playoff game. ONE. ONE. 1. Yet the fans still call into radio shows all the time and say "THIS IS THE YEAR, MAN! I CAN FEEL IT!"

It is just really, really sad that people in Detroit love the Lions so much and yet they fail so hard. I mean... the Wings and Tigers are popular and all, but I think Michiganders (since they're very popular elsewhere in the state) would gladly trade a Stanley Cup or two for even a Super Bowl appearance.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2008, 12:59 AM   #12
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
every time I curse myself for being a Bengals fan, I just look at the Lions and I instantly feel better.

Yeah, I guess it could always be worse.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
He's been a ticket holder for 3 years, so no shock he got moved around a bit, someone should have explained it better to him though.
Agreed.
When Invesco Field was built, a family friend who has had season tickets since the 80's was given 2 seats that were not comprable to what they had at Mile High but they took em regardless. Seat changes definitlely happen in any arena/stadium

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »