Home

NFL Hall of Fame Game - Colts v Redskins

This is a discussion on NFL Hall of Fame Game - Colts v Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #73
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NFL Hall of Fame Game - Colts v Redskins

temper the enthusiasm for sure, but i think zorn is also a great qb coach and it shows with the qb's tonight. having said that we'll obviously have to wait and see if he makes a good head coach. i do know this tho, the things everyone in the dc area were saying when he got hired, "who the hell", "i've never heard of that guy", etc, were all said about gibbs the first time around. not that he'll be gibbs, may be more like spurrier, but the fact that no one had really heard of the guy or he had never even been a coordinator does not mean he will flop as a head coach. i am just gonna wait to pass judgement on the guy...
Old 08-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #74
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
but the fact that no one had really heard of the guy or he had never even been a coordinator does not mean he will flop as a head coach. i am just gonna wait to pass judgement on the guy...
Well he was a known quantity as a player with the Seahawks. He was a farily good QB for a pretty bad franchise. Anywho I agree, he has been a pretty good QB coach and I think at least on the offensive side of the ball he should do well.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Question for Al Michaels, why would smoking a Marlboro have any relevance to Colt Brennan being a football player?
A little before your time son. Back in the days when they actually had cigarette commercials on TV. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #76
MVP

colkilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Well he was a known quantity as a player with the Seahawks. He was a farily good QB for a pretty bad franchise. Anywho I agree, he has been a pretty good QB coach and I think at least on the offensive side of the ball he should do well.
yeah, i knew of him, but i was referring to what was said on like local news/radio by people who basically don't know their *** from a whole in the ground when it comes to football. i personally think he'll do a decent job. it was nice having gibbs back for nostalgic reasons, but man the 'skins offense the last few years has been terrible and no fun at all to watch. i think this year at least they will be somewhat creative offensively and make the game fun to watch...
Old 08-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #77
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Rich Gannon was a backup for most of his career.
And look what happened when he started toward the end of his career... He was a league MVP and was selected All Pro multiple times.

They shouldn't change Colt's throwing motion. He's fine.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #78
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I think Zorn has a chance to be in a similar position where Mike McCarthy was last year in about 2 years.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #79
MVP

colkilla's Arena

i think the colts will actually carry 3 qb's finally this year (did madden/michaels mention this earlier, think i remember so). gray will beat out lorenzen. i also think if something happened where manning were out for a bit, highly unlikely given his track record, gray would be the better option than sorgi. sorgi has been in the system but gray has played a decent amount against regular season comp. what do you colts fans think? buddy knox?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #80
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

The Hefty Lefty looked like he was in slow motion throwing that ball that got picked. Very slow release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »