Home

Bears QB Situation

This is a discussion on Bears QB Situation within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Bears QB Situation

How do you Bears fans feel about another year with Orton/Grossman? What do you think the Bears can do in the QB area?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Bears QB Situation

IF the O-Line plays better then last year and IF there's better production from the running game Chicago will be fine with either Rex or Kyle this year. Also IF the defense plays like they did 2 years ago Chicago can easily make the playoffs. As long as the QB doesn't kill the team Chicago will be fine this year. As for the coming years they've got to get someone through free agency and or look for a QB in the draft.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Kyle was pretty good when he played. I'd like to see them go to him.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

Funny, I just blogged about this very topic on prosportswench.com. It's my girlfriend's sports website. (yeah, I know, shameless plug. lol.)

I said the Bears should have looked into signing Culpepper or Leftwich. However, The Sporting News is reporting that the Steelers have signed both QB's, now that Batch is out 4-6 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm sure the older OS'ers remember those days but the Bears QB situation reminds me so much of their situation before Jim McMahon became their guy. They had an okayish defense and Walter Payton for cryin' out loud! Yet they kept losing with scrubs like Bob Avelini and Vince Evans.

The Bears need an established QB who's been around but not too aged like Griese was.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
Funny, I just blogged about this very topic on prosportswench.com. It's my girlfriend's sports website. (yeah, I know, shameless plug. lol.)

I said the Bears should have looked into signing Culpepper or Leftwich. However, The Sporting News is reporting that the Steelers have signed both QB's, now that Batch is out 4-6 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Correction, NFL Network is reporting that the Steeler's have signed Byron Leftwich, and not Duante Culpepper. If the Bears were smart, they would sign Duante.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20

How bout you just put your site in your sig so you don't have to spam your posts in every thread
Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeonosisX
How do you Bears fans feel about another year with Orton/Grossman? What do you think the Bears can do in the QB area?
How do I feel about our QB's? Sick to my stomach.

We have to endure another year of Grossman and Orton is at best an average QB.

The QB situation for years has been a joke. We haven't had a pro bowl QB in over 20 years. And haven't had a HOF QB since Sid Luckman, which was eons ago.

Angelo and the current coaching staff couldn't spot offensive talent if it bit them in their asses. Much less a quality QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »