Home

Vikings DT Pat Williams to the Packers:"I'm going to try to crush ALL of 'em"

This is a discussion on Vikings DT Pat Williams to the Packers:"I'm going to try to crush ALL of 'em" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Vikings DT Pat Williams to the Packers:"I'm going to try to crush ALL of 'em"

Quote:
MANKATO, Minn. – Brett Favre is gone to the Big Apple, awash in a spin cycle of helicopter tours and glorious punishment laps and stream-of-consciousness musings about his latest life turn.

Meanwhile, back in the NFC North, the nasty rivalry the ex-Green Bay legend left behind is hotter than ever.

Between the quarterback’s abortive effort to land in Minnesota and the tampering charge the Packers filed against the Vikings, who were subsequently exonerated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, there’s a lot of lingering bitterness between the two franchises. Throw in the Pack’s status as a team that finished a game away from the Super Bowl last season and the near-universal coronation of the Vikes as the NFC’s trendy power-on-the-rise, and that Sept. 8 regular-season opener at Lambeau Field can’t come soon enough.

This was confirmed Sunday when I visited the Vikings’ training camp home at Minnesota State University and asked Pro Bowl nose tackle Pat Williams whether he’d been keeping up on the Favre saga.

“Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams said. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or (Aaron) Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.”

Williams, a 12th-year veteran, didn’t limit his enmity to Rodgers. He’s also gunning for Packers halfback Ryan Grant, who last year was the only player to rush for more than 100 yards against Minnesota, with 119 in a 34-0 Green Bay blowout at Lambeau last November.

“I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Rest assured that Williams isn’t alone. All-Pro defensive end Jared Allen, acquired by the Vikings in an April trade with the Chiefs, has his own welcome-to-the-rivalry ritual in mind for Rodgers.

“Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season – that’s everything you want,” Allen said. “Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it’ll be a good day.”

For what it’s worth, Williams believes the Packers’ decision to choose Rodgers over Favre was a great development for the Vikings.

“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

OK, that’s enough Rodgers bashing for today. It’s time for me to take my medicine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Vikings DT Pat Williams to the Packers:"I'm going to try to crush ALL of 'em"

Sheesh talk about bulletin board material! I also like how Williams and Allen are talking with a whole bunch of swagger when in reality they're not as good as they think they are. Everything on that team hinges on the development of T. Jackson. I'd rather take a guy who's been in a system for 4 years then a guy who is still raw.

Although as a fan of the NFL it's nice to see some hatred from rivals.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Vikings DT Pat Williams to the Packers:"I'm going to try to crush ALL of 'em"

The Packers should be used to this trash talk by the Vikings. Chris Hovan started it off several years ago by saying he was going to crush Farve. He didn't even sniff Favre.

Allen has a lot of room to talk too. Allen didn't even get close to Favre last year in KC against Clifton.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The Packers should be used to this trash talk by the Vikings. Chris Hovan started it off several years ago by saying he was going to crush Farve. He didn't even sniff Favre.

Allen has a lot of room to talk too. Allen didn't even get close to Favre last year in KC against Clifton.
I agree.

And I also agree with SPTO, I'll take Rodgers over T.J any day of the week. As a fan, I can't smile more as it will be a great first Monday night game of the season!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

ITS FOOTBALL SEASON FOLKS!!! Can't wait for this game. Personally I have to root for the Pack as Rodgers has been to hell and back this season. I would love for him to come out and show he can get it done this season.

And no the Pack are not overrated. Their defense is underrated actually. We will see how T. Jackson does against them. Whoever wins it promises to be a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Pat Williams is a freaking beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #7
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I love it!!!! Can't wait for Sept 8!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I love it!!!! Can't wait for Sept 8!!!!!!!!
Neither can I .

We'll see how TJ reacts with a national audience with over 70,000 cheeseheads in attendance.

If I were Williams or Allen, I'd double check to see who won the division last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »