Home

Tennessee Titans 10-0?

This is a discussion on Tennessee Titans 10-0? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #57
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tennessee Titans 5-0

Giants fan here, but I can't front. I really miss Kerry Collins. I always thought he looked so smooth when he throws the football.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tennessee Titans 10-0?

i think the titans are playing great football for the most part but their defense is not battle tested.

they played against the worst offenses in the league and havent beat a team with a winning record.

im still not sold on the titans.

and geez next week they get the chiefs. sounds like a tough game. their gonna be 6-0.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #59
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

We do have an extremely easy schedule. There are only 2 teams with winning records on our schedule: Bears and Steelers. All the other teams are .500 or worse.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2810
Im not talking about #1 in stats, im talking about nobody so far being able to move the ball against their d.
Huh? How do you think that's determined? They're not the #1 D... all that's to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
i think the titans are playing great football for the most part but their defense is not battle tested.

they played against the worst offenses in the league and havent beat a team with a winning record.

im still not sold on the titans.

and geez next week they get the chiefs. sounds like a tough game. their gonna be 6-0.
They just beat a team with a winning record. The last two weeks were big wins for the Titans. This week's win was huge b/c they did it without a running game.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #61
MVP

skydog71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Huh? How do you think that's determined? They're not the #1 D... all that's to it.

They just beat a team with a winning record. The last two weeks were big wins for the Titans. This week's win was huge b/c they did it without a running game.
Well we are the #1 defense in points allowed.

I wasn't too impressed with our win at Baltimore. If you take away penalties, the game would have probably ended in a 0-0 tie. We were very fortunate to sneak away with a win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #62
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

The Titans D is NASTY! May end up being the best overall D at year's end. The Ravens were #1 in points allowed coming into the game. Either way, doesn't matter. They're both damn good defenses. Titan2810 has been saying over and over again how they're "THE #1 D" though and it just ain't true. I'm just trying to understand his reasoning "I'm not talking about #1 in stats. I'm talking about nobody can move the ball against them."

Can you explain that one to me? Nobody can move the ball against the Ravens either... which is how they have the #1 D.

Anyway, silly discussion right now. You guys just got a big win and on the backs of that D. Congrats.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #63
MVP

skydog71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The Titans D is NASTY! May end up being the best overall D at year's end. The Ravens were #1 in points allowed coming into the game. Either way, doesn't matter. They're both damn good defenses. Titan2810 has been saying over and over again how they're "THE #1 D" though and it just ain't true. I'm just trying to understand his reasoning "I'm not talking about #1 in stats. I'm talking about nobody can move the ball against them."

Can you explain that one to me? Nobody can move the ball against the Ravens either... which is how they have the #1 D.

Anyway, silly discussion right now. You guys just got a big win and on the backs of that D. Congrats.
Just a minor correction: The Titans have been #1 in scoring defense for several weeks now. That being said, I think the Ravens have a better overall unit at this point in time. It's sort of subjective unless a team is #1 across the board, which isn't the case.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Titans have played an extra game so that would make sense. I also don't have a problem with your argument at all... that's not what I was correcting from your fellow Titans fan. They both have damn good Ds. As for the scoring argument though, I don't think that makes it as subjective. The general way the #1 D is determined has the Ravens as the #1 D at least coming into the TEN game (don't know where that stands now). But again, I wasn't posting the Ravens would destroy the Titans b/c they have the #1 D b/c that'd be just as silly as the other way around. They're both in the top 3 no matter how you look at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »