Home

Well its official............

This is a discussion on Well its official............ within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Well its official............

After seeing what the Bengals did to Akili Smith about 10 years ago. What's happening to Russell is starting to look like the same scenario. No way in hell would I want to play for the Raiders coming out of college. Davis should have put his out of touch ego aside and kept Kiffen. A young QB in the NFL needs stability and someone who knows what they are doing to help bring them along. Some more than others. But personally I did not think Russell coming out of LSU was all that in the 1st place. This does not suprise me. Peace!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I've judged him. He's a bust. Quote me, I'm on the record.
I think he is going to be a bust when all is said and done. I just don't think he's very talented.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I agree with your previous statement jskywalker(can't because i'm typing this from my phone).

Was Jamarcus worth the number 1 pick? Probably not.

Will he ever be? Probably not.

Is he bust 2 years into his NFL career without starting a full season and having a coach you know will be there for more than a year? Of course not.

The problem is and will always be, until the day he doesn't wake up, Al Davis.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Now that's downright falsehood saying "NOBODY" thought he would start. And its also falsehood claiming the surrounding cast doesn't matter.

Ryan maybe the better player. But you still can't judge Russell as a bust this early when you look @ the organization he plays for. They are dysfunction personified.
The Raiders are dysfunctional, I agree with you on that point.

However, JaMarcus Russell never should have been a #1 pick. He was only a starter at LSU for 2 years, and he to beat out Matt Flynn both years. He held out last year, missed training camp, and this year, he looks lost. He is completing 50.3% of his passes, which is horrible by NFL standards. He was 6/19 for 31 yards yesterday, an average of 1.6 yards a pass.

If you watched yesterday's game, part of the reason he looked so bad was because of the Raider's playcalling. They were down 24-0 in the 4th quarter, and JaMac was faking a handoff on half of the plays. Doesn't he realize that playaction only works when you have a running game? Who was he trying to fool? Raider WR receivers caught 1 pass yesterday.

I hope this year when the Raiders have a top 4 pick again in the draft, they trade down. They can't afford to spend anymore money on draft picks.

Last edited by MBMavs20; 11-03-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: errors
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

I think it might be a little early to say Russel is a bust, but man I have seen every single game he has played and the guy might have the worst accuracy in the HISTORY of starting NFL qbs. Honestly he can not even throw a quick slant, he hits maybe 2 out 10 on those routes, its either way over the rec head, behind, or on the ground. Im sorry but Im so sick of a Qb being judged on his arm strength coming out of college. Jamarcus Russel should be moved to TE and only come into the game in short yardage and double TE formation. Leave the Qb playing part to no arm strength, un-mobile, skinny SMART PEOPLE THAT CAN READ A DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!.

Oh on a side note unfortunately Al Davis is going to out live all of us!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #22
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I don't see how Russell can be judged at this point when his first 2 years in the NFL have been this chaotic. He hasn't had the benefit of one head coach for a full season as of yet. The Raiders have the organization that resembles an improv comedy group. No planning, a bunch of stumbling, & plenty to laugh about. Give the guy some stability first before you judge him.
Similar situation to Alex Smith. No stability around him... and they are or have already flopped. Guys like this might need a change of scenery (and more maturity in the league) to tap into the potential that they had coming out of college.

I haven't seen much of Russell, but I always hesitate to label a guy a bust 2-3 years into his career. If they're still making these same mistakes years from now, yes, they can be busts. Not everyone can light up the league as rookies and sophomore players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #23
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree that sometimes it takes a QB time to mature, but with all the money that Al Davis spent on free agents in the offseason, he wants to win now. And he doesn't realize that JaMac obviously needs a learning curve.

It's hard to compare JaMac with Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, but they at least can at least complete passes. They are at least showing progress each week. JaMarcus doesn't seem to be getting better each week.

Maybe the Raiders should simplify the playbook, quick passes, screens, etc.. just to build JaMac's confidence. They spend all that money on Javon Walker, and he has 13 catches in 7 games. Looks like a waste of money if you ask me.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #24
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

You could tell russell would be a bust as soon as he became eligible for the draft. Hes just not a good quarterback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »