Home

Titans vs. Jets

This is a discussion on Titans vs. Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #17
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Titans vs. Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
in addition to their o line the titans running game really helps protect collins. I dont think he will really too rattled, he has been doing this forever.

You have to get pressure to help the weaker d backs but the real thing that is going to decide this is something you cant really plan for. How Farve plays will be the real determining factor. If he is playing well the jets could win, if he makes mistakes the titans will take advantage and will win easily.

As for the Jets being weak cause they have struggled against weaker teams look at the giants. They are one of the top teams in the league but they lost to a pretty weak browns team and almost lost to weak bengals team.

i didnt imply, or mean to imply the Jets are "weak", im just saying that there is alot of "hoopla" about this game and I dont think the Jets deserve the credit they are getting, i mean they are a good team, and on any given sunday yada yada yada, but if they lose to the pats, thres nothing, its like the jets have to win for a playoff shot, now its a preview of the AFC championship game, its the toughest game for the titans, the jets are for real,etc,etc,etc They have brett favre and they are from NY, they are playing a road game against the number 1 team, if anything the number 2 team, and there just some kind of feeling like its an even match up or something. Its not, the jets are a few weeks removed from losing to the frekin raiders, they are good, they arent great, they arent the next bigthing, and its not going to be a crazy down to the wire game. If they are goingto take it, they are going to take it early and hold. If they dont, they will get the crap beat out of them and exposed for what they really are. They have as good a shot as anyone but some serious mistakes are going to have to be made for the the Jets to beat the Titans.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

And the Titans have beaten 2 teams with a winning record.

Look the Titans are the favorites, they are undefeated, they are a really good team. I don't know who's saying they aren't the favorites. But it's been 10 games, they aren't on a different level from the rest of the NFL.

I don't know why you would have a problem with people saying the Jets have a chance to win this game. You haven't even watched them play. Maybe if you did, you'd come up with a better reason than that they lost to the Raiders a month ago.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
And the Titans have beaten 2 teams with a winning record.

Look the Titans are the favorites, they are undefeated, they are a really good team. I don't know who's saying they aren't the favorites. But it's been 10 games, they aren't on a different level from the rest of the NFL.

I don't know why you would have a problem with people saying the Jets have a chance to win this game. You haven't even watched them play. Maybe if you did, you'd come up with a better reason than that they lost to the Raiders a month ago.
How dare you suggest the Titans are beatable.

I hope the Titans win though. I'm dying for an 11-0 Titans/0-11 Lions Thanksgiving matchup.

Last edited by Chip Douglass; 11-18-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

I dont really think the Jets have to get up big early to win. As long as they can keep it close and brett doesnt make any mistakes I would take him in the fourth to lead a game winning drive over collins trying the same. I know collins has played well this year but I think he is overly hyped right now.
Tennessee has only really faced one offense that has gained more yards per game than NY, and only 2 teams in top ten in scoring both of whom are below NY in that category. NY also has the AFCs to rusher to go along with what can be a dangerous passing attack.
By yards per game the jets even ranked 15th will be the second best tennessee has faced. by points allowed, also at 15th, the jets will be the third best team the titans have faced.
the titans offense depends on the run, the Jets are 4th in the NFL stopping the run. The vikings are the only higher ranked run defense tennesee has faced.
also, the best qb they had faced until now was peyton with a beat up squad around him. The jets pretty healthy and playing well
Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

If the Titans aren't on a different level from the AFC yet, this can be the game that will place the Titans head, shoulders, and waist ahead of any other AFC team.

I do feel that the Jets are the most balanced team the Titans have faced thus far. Like skydog71 mentioned, I'm shaky about the prospects of Chris Carr going against former Nole Laveranues Coles. If the Jets' OL can set the tempo early, they will need to get the early points to stay in the game. The Titans do have solid back-up players holding it down like Ball and Vickerson on the D-Line, so it'll be interesting to see how D-Brick and Co. can hold up against them.

The wild card of this game may be this 3-4 defense of the Jets. Against the Ravens, Titans didn't do so well offensively. If the Jets can keep the 3-4 looks interesting, and they continue to get in the backfield like they have recently, the Titans may struggle against this defense as well, esp. with the resurgence of Big Kris Jenkins.

I do think the Jets matchup fairly well with Tennessee........... but as stated, this is the game Tennessee can become head, shoulders, and waist above the rest of the conference.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #22
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Titans topics don't even matter anymore until they lose this year. Every week almost everyone talks about how the titans are not that good. People always talk about how we have only beat two teams with winning records.

I wish some people would just give them credit for what they are doing, Zona is in the NFC west and getting credit.

Anyways....this will be a rgeat game. The top two AFC teams meet up, but since it is in Nashville I vote the Titans squeak it out.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
well its only happened twice this year. Our average win margin is 11 points, only twice have we won by less than a TD and only 4 times total have we won by less than 10. Like I have said I havent watched the Jets, but in the last 6 games or so, they beat up on the Rams, Lost to the Raiders, barely beat the Chiefs, and barely beat the Pats. Im not trying to say that barely beating anyone is any less of a win than blowing them out, my point is that they are playing with the bottom teams in the league pretty much. Besides the Rams, they have had a hard time against the other bottom teams, and they beat the Pats so they are for real? The dolphins beat the Pats, and beat the raiders, and they beat the Pats convinceingly where is their love?

Im looking into some things and I dont see where the Jets get immediate consideration to even challenge the Titans. Maybe a Jets fan can square me away but I hope your whole gameplan isnt to get to Collins, it really isnt a good gameplan, Collins has been sacked fewer times than any QB in the League.
Ok, I'll give the Titans a 7 point victory. Better?

BTW, the Dolphins always play the Pats tough and are 6-4 and as much in the playoff hunt as anybody. They've been getting adequate love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
i didnt imply, or mean to imply the Jets are "weak", im just saying that there is alot of "hoopla" about this game and I dont think the Jets deserve the credit they are getting, i mean they are a good team, and on any given sunday yada yada yada, but if they lose to the pats, thres nothing, its like the jets have to win for a playoff shot, now its a preview of the AFC championship game, its the toughest game for the titans, the jets are for real,etc,etc,etc They have brett favre and they are from NY, they are playing a road game against the number 1 team, if anything the number 2 team, and there just some kind of feeling like its an even match up or something. Its not, the jets are a few weeks removed from losing to the frekin raiders, they are good, they arent great, they arent the next bigthing, and its not going to be a crazy down to the wire game. If they are goingto take it, they are going to take it early and hold. If they dont, they will get the crap beat out of them and exposed for what they really are. They have as good a shot as anyone but some serious mistakes are going to have to be made for the the Jets to beat the Titans.
Looks like you been heading to other message boards again and coming over here to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
the titans offense depends on the run, the Jets are 4th in the NFL stopping the run. The vikings are the only higher ranked run defense tennesee has faced.
also, the best qb they had faced until now was peyton with a beat up squad around him. The jets pretty healthy and playing well
And the #1 run D (last week, ugh) in the Ravens. Truth be told, the last 3 or so games for the Titans have been against good run defenses.

Last edited by wwharton; 11-19-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #24
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Ok, I'll give the Titans a 7 point victory. Better?

BTW, the Dolphins always play the Pats tough and are 6-4 and as much in the playoff hunt as anybody. They've been getting adequate love.

Looks like you been heading to other message boards again and coming over here to vent.

And the #1 run D (last week, ugh) in the Ravens. Truth be told, the last 3 or so games for the Titans have been against good run defenses.

7 point victory works. would you consider moving it to 10?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »