Home

WEEK 12:REDSKINS @ SEAHAWKS

This is a discussion on WEEK 12:REDSKINS @ SEAHAWKS within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #17
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WEEK 12:REDSKINS @ SEAHAWKS

cp said he is guaranteed to play and said he feels much better today than he did last thursday, so that is a good thing. i just want a win, but man i'd feel better if they can look good doing it. one thing i don't want them to do is see that 31st ranked seahawk pass d and just abandon the run to put up numbers, with our o line we can't take the chance at getting jc hurt. and if we pass a lot, he is going to get hit a lot. unfortunately we need to stick to the formula of letting portis hammer away at the defense and pass when we HAVE to, not when we want to. of course that makes the game stay close, but that is the way this team is, they play close games every week where it seems to come down to the last posession or two. oh yeah, thanks for posting those chris paul songs every week bruh, don't get to listen to pgc much these days and miss hearing those joints...
Old 11-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #18
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Yea I agree man. Props on posting those songs.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I think that lack of the jump ball in the redzone comes from 1.) a lack of height at the WR position. 'twaan and Moss are too small to take a chance throwing those. ANd I'm sorry I don't trust trash. We should've kept McMullin or Nix for those. 2.) I don't think the coaches trust Devin Thomas yet. Early on it seemed like he was getting called for offensive PI every damn game. You can't have that happen in the red zone and put yourself in a hole. 3.) Clinton Portis was effective. He was not only killing it running but the play action made the throw to the flat right by the goal line effective.

While I see the argument for the jump ball in the red zone, we never really had a reason for it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #20
MVP

colkilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I think that lack of the jump ball in the redzone comes from 1.) a lack of height at the WR position. 'twaan and Moss are too small to take a chance throwing those. ANd I'm sorry I don't trust trash. We should've kept McMullin or Nix for those. 2.) I don't think the coaches trust Devin Thomas yet. Early on it seemed like he was getting called for offensive PI every damn game. You can't have that happen in the red zone and put yourself in a hole. 3.) Clinton Portis was effective. He was not only killing it running but the play action made the throw to the flat right by the goal line effective.

While I see the argument for the jump ball in the red zone, we never really had a reason for it.
yeah, that is kinda what i was getting at, just didn't express it properly. what i was trying to say was HOPEFULLY with kelly healthy that can become part of our offense when we need it...
Old 11-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Man, I really think Devin Thomas is going to be a player on this team, Malcolm Kelly also..I think they show up this week and down the stretch to the playoffs, because now teams are double teaming Tanaman. So we're going to need for them to step up.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
The answer to the your question, I think the last big WR we had was either Rod Gardner or Michael Westbrook. Those two never really did anything with us, only think I remember from Westbrook is the fight with Stephen Davis..and on Gardner all he did was drop passes. So hopefully Kelly can be somebody good which I think he can, and I also think Devin Thomas is going to be ok..
Westbrook and Gardner were pretty damn good on the Skins. Westbrook wasn't as good as he thought he was but if he had continued to play on the Bengals (I think) like he did on the Skins, he'd be mentioned with a pretty good group. Gardner also fell off after he left the Skins.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #23
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

Icon14 Re: WEEK 12:REDSKINS @ SEAHAWKS

Westbrook was ok..like you said he should've been better..On Rod Gardner dude was 50 50 he drop the easy passes that hit him right in the numbers but catch the pass over his head.. Drove me crazy watching him play, thought he should've been better also.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #24
MVP

colkilla's Arena

i knew rod gardner a little (from college and his days with the 'skins) and he was a cool cat. he was a pretty good nfl wideout but he did not live up to the first round pick hype. i think that quarterback and wideout are the hardest postions to predict when forecasting the career a college dude will have in the pros. the thing about being a wr in college is if you are big and fast, with ok hands, you will put up numbers if you have a qb who can hit what he throws at. in a typical college season you will only come across like 2 or 3 corners who are nfl caliber (if that many). makes for easy stat building. speed and size are great, but the best things to analyze when thinking of drafting a wideout are: 1. does he run crisp routes, 2. is he a "hand" catcher, and 3. can he get off the jam at the l.o.s. there have been plenty of wr's who had very good careers without running 4.3 forty yard dashes, or being 6-4. this is why the nfl combine is so overrated. a good gm doesn't need to see one day of the crap they do there in order to conduct a good draft. more and more that thing is just a dog and pony show anyways. hopefully thomas and kelly work out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »