Home

Week 11 Ravens @ Giants

This is a discussion on Week 11 Ravens @ Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Week 11 Ravens @ Giants

The last time these two teams played in a game more important than this one, the Ravens handled the Giants pretty easily. Of course that was years ago, and since then the Giants have been back to the big dance and took home the trophy.

As for this year's teams, the Giants are probably the most balanced team in the NFL. They can win on the ground, through the air and with defense. They're also at home and only have one loss on the year... a brain fart to the Browns. The Ravens D is good enough that if the O can play near perfect football, they can win the game... and they've been doing that behind Flacco recently who hasn't thrown a pick in weeks. He hasn't seen pressure like he will this week though. If the Ravens can run the ball against the tough Giants D, this game could go either way, but there's clearly going to be a challenge there.

Giants 24
Ravens 21

Last edited by wwharton; 11-15-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Week 11 Ravens @ Giants

Should be a good, hard-hitting game. The injury to Mason concerns me as does Burress as he has always had big games against the Ravens. Last week Rex left some things open to keep Andre Johnson in check, and for the most part it went well except for the poor tackling on the TD catch and run in the 2nd qtr by the Texans.

Key players on defense for the Ravens this week:

Haloti Ngata, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Bart Scott against the run.

The secondary is going to have to really play above themselves. Rolle being back helps as he has had great outings against Burress, but Rolle is on the downside of his career, Burress is not.

Lastly, we have not rushed the passer that well the last few games. We will need to get to Eli early and often to get him in the deer in the headlights frame of mind. Doubt it though because the Giants Oline is damn good at protecting. Philly touched Eli once and Pitt didn't touch him at all.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Glad this game is being played in the meadowlands. Looking forward to watching.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 11-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

Cone on Ravens...Flacco better be on his A game.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

We've come a long way from the Pre-season prediction of not even making the playoffs. Anyhoo This should be another true test for the G-Men. Can't wait for this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
We've come a long way from the Pre-season prediction of not even making the playoffs. Anyhoo This should be another true test for the G-Men. Can't wait for this one.
As have we. Unfortunately for you, if the Ravens lose it won't make much of a difference in perception but if the Giants lose the questions will start to come. Either way, we both have sick schedules down the stretch so it's still possible that neither makes the playoffs. (guess I'm in an optimistic mood tonight, lol)
Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

The last time these two teams played in a game more important than this one, the Ravens handled the Giants pretty easily. Of course that was years ago, and since then the Giants have been back to the big dance and took home the trophy.

As for this year's teams, the Giants are probably the most balanced team in the NFL. They can win on the ground, through the air and with defense. They're also at home and only have one loss on the year... a brain fart to the Browns. The Ravens D is good enough that if the O can play near perfect football, they can win the game... and they've been doing that behind Flacco recently who hasn't thrown a pick in weeks. He hasn't seen pressure like he will this week though. If the Ravens can run the ball against the tough Giants D, this game could go either way, but there's clearly going to be a challenge there.

Giants 24
Ravens 21
NOW I will post in this thread. Yeah this should be a good one. That score looks just about right either way but I also see the possibility of a 24-13 game. Kind of a shame it's the morning game. Rest of the night will be kinda anti-climatic. Well I guess not with the Redskins Cowboys game on late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
As have we. Unfortunately for you, if the Ravens lose it won't make much of a difference in perception but if the Giants lose the questions will start to come. Either way, we both have sick schedules down the stretch so it's still possible that neither makes the playoffs. (guess I'm in an optimistic mood tonight, lol)
I kinda disagree. Your QB is supposed to be ROY from the talk and everyone is saying how tight that squad is so I think if you do lose it will make a difference. Quiet as kept I think people are looking for you guys to win.

Last edited by totalownership; 11-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

If the Ravens lose, nobody will be making a big fuss about it as much as if the Giants lose.

And who is everyone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »