Home

Teams not in the playoffs...

This is a discussion on Teams not in the playoffs... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #17
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Teams not in the playoffs...

Lets see

Bears (9-7)

HC
OC
DC

QB
Back up RB
FB
WR
OL
DL
SS

A solid corner wouldn't hurt either. So pretty much everything.

I know this won't happen but I want Lovie gone.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

It'll be easier to say what the Chiefs don't need, rather than what they do need. We don't need...umm...one OT. I think that about covers it.

We need help for every position on the defensive side of the ball, we need 4 out of 5 positions on the OL, we need a TE to replace Tony as I have a feeling he'll be traded soon, we need a QB, we need a RB. I guess we don't really need a FB, but that would come in handy as well.

Oh, we don't need a punter.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, that's a clear case of coming to conclusion after hearing a stat. I'd wonder how many of those 7 games he watched. I had Rodgers on 2 fantasy teams so I watched a lot of packer games and some of those were impossible positions he was asked to lead the team out of, cases where easy field goals were missed and others where the defense gave up a quick score right after Rodgers brought the team the lead back.
Actually, I watched all of the games because I live in Wisconsin. The times that Rodgers was put in position to tie or win the game, he failed as he constantly over threw receivers or held the ball far to long to the point where he took a sack or he was forced to throw the ball away. Sure, his line wasn't always blocking for him the best, but he can still have the awareness to tell when the pocket is collapsing and make a decision. There was another statistic, yes, another statistic, that showed Rodgers numbers when he was in that game-winning position. He had something like a 45% completion percentage, 0 TDs and 4 INTs. With numbers like that, he won't be winning many games. There were golden opportunities that were wasted because Rodgers couldn't seal the deal.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
It'll be easier to say what the Chiefs don't need, rather than what they do need. We don't need...umm...one OT. I think that about covers it.

We need help for every position on the defensive side of the ball, we need 4 out of 5 positions on the OL, we need a TE to replace Tony as I have a feeling he'll be traded soon, we need a QB, we need a RB. I guess we don't really need a FB, but that would come in handy as well.

Oh, we don't need a punter.
On a side note, its amazing the numbers Gonzalez put up despite the KC QB situation. Man, I wish Carolina had his talent @ TE.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #21
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
On a side note, its amazing the numbers Gonzalez put up despite the KC QB situation. Man, I wish Carolina had his talent @ TE.
Can't they coax Wesley Walls out of retirement or something?
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't believe that Kansas City needs a QB considering the emergence of Tyler Thigpen. Give him a line, and a consistent running game, along with a little help on the defensive side of the football, and I'm sure the Chiefs will win a lot more than two games. Also, give him a full season. The Chiefs did not play all that badly in a great majority of their games.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamannator
Actually, I watched all of the games because I live in Wisconsin. The times that Rodgers was put in position to tie or win the game, he failed as he constantly over threw receivers or held the ball far to long to the point where he took a sack or he was forced to throw the ball away. Sure, his line wasn't always blocking for him the best, but he can still have the awareness to tell when the pocket is collapsing and make a decision. There was another statistic, yes, another statistic, that showed Rodgers numbers when he was in that game-winning position. He had something like a 45% completion percentage, 0 TDs and 4 INTs. With numbers like that, he won't be winning many games. There were golden opportunities that were wasted because Rodgers couldn't seal the deal.
I agree with the holding on to the ball TOO long. I swear I don't know how many times I yelled out to the TV for him to stop holding onto the ball for TOO long. But again, first year starting QB, he WILL improve that.

I don't think the overthrowing the WRs is that big of a deal. Alot of people remember that for the first half of the season, he was playing with a partially seperated shoulder that didn't really heal until about Week 9-10 when he started practicing fully.

Again, as for the comebacks that is a flawed stat because when he has been asked to deliver in the 4th, he's done just that. Problem is that the Special Teams would then allow the other team run Kicks/Punts back and set their Offense up with good field position where as usual, would march right over the Defense and get the go ahead TD/FG and then while the opposing team would punt/kick to us, they would give us the worst starting position with not much time to mount a comeback. Defense AND Special Teams played a SIGNIFICANT role in this, this season.(See TB, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee, Minnesota, Chicago, Jacksonville)
Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Can't they coax Wesley Walls out of retirement or something?
He'd probably be suspended for doping.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »