Home

AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #401
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ignore him, it was yet another bait attempt. Another Giants fan, another shot at LT. Agenda is clear.

The sheer ridiculousness of his statement should make that quite clear. According to his logic that also makes Walter Payton not an all time great RB as well.
What agenda would I have? I have no problems with the Chargers. Why the Walter Payton comparison? I was too young to remember seeing him play but it looks like he was solid and never missed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #402
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
What agenda would I have? I have no problems with the Chargers. Why the Walter Payton comparison? I was too young to remember seeing him play but it looks like he was solid and never missed games.
He never put up big numbers in the postseason. In the post season he has a singular 100 yard rushing game, and a 3.5 average.

In all the carries LT has had, he's missed one regular season game, and that was because the division was clinched and San Diego rested their starters.

He missed 1 1/2 post season games due to MCL injury tht would require surgery and he missed 1 game because of a torn groin.

If getting an MCL injury and tearing a groin in the post season after 7 or 8 seasons carrying the kind of load he does, at that position makes him not an all time great, then I don't know what to tell you.

Using the example you gave, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton are also not all timers.

LT has almost 2700 career rushing attempts and over 500 receptions in the regular season alone, and has missed a grand total of 2 games due to injury. How is that missing games?

So I guess we should remove the busts of Payton and Sanders from Canton?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #403
All Star

OVR: 20

Tomlinson is clearly a Hall of Famer. What I meant was that you can't say he's better than guys like Smith, Payton, Sanders, or Jim Brown. He's not in their class. Sanders didn't have big playoff games because his team was always getting blown out, limiting his carries. Staying healthy is part of being a superstar.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #404
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

s
Quote:
Tomlinson is clearly a Hall of Famer. What I meant was that you can't say he's better than guys like Smith, Payton, Sanders, or Jim Brown. He's not in their class. Sanders didn't have big playoff games because his team was always getting blown out, limiting his carries. Staying healthy is part of being a superstar.
And Tomlinson has stayed healthy. Missed 2 games total. Durability is not his problem. Playing hurt is not his problem.

Sanders teams got blown out once in the post season. Sanders also had a 13 carry -1 yard game in a game decided by 4 points..

Payton was also largely ineffective in the postseason. His numbers are about equal to LT.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #405
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
I don't think you can view LaDainian Tomlinson as an all time great RB given his lack of production in the playoffs.
Well we might as well throw Barry Sanders out as well and while we're at it why not Payton since he really never did much in the playoffs.

Payton played in 9 playoff games averaging 3.5 yards a carry with 2 total TD's.

Sanders played in 6 playoff games averaging 4.2 yards a pop with 1 whopping TD. Let's not forget his -1 yard performance against Green Bay in 1994.

You just made the, WORST ARGUMENT EVER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 02:32 AM   #406
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
s

And Tomlinson has stayed healthy. Missed 2 games total. Durability is not his problem. Playing hurt is not his problem.

Sanders teams got blown out once in the post season. Sanders also had a 13 carry -1 yard game in a game decided by 4 points..

Payton was also largely ineffective in the postseason. His numbers are about equal to LT.
Guess I should have read the whole thread, you beat me to it.

Hey, let's start a petition to get Timmy Smith into the Hall of Fame.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:44 AM   #407
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Guess I should have read the whole thread, you beat me to it.

Hey, let's start a petition to get Timmy Smith into the Hall of Fame.
LOL. I believe he's in the pokey for drug offenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »