Home

Who's more disappointing; The Bills of the 90's or the Eagles of the 2000's.

This is a discussion on Who's more disappointing; The Bills of the 90's or the Eagles of the 2000's. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #25
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Who's more disappointing; The Bills of the 90's or the Eagles of the 2000's.

#74 of the O-line cost them the game. If he was replaced by even a mediocre player w/ a desire to win, they would have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #26
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Who's more disappointing; The Bills of the 90's or the Eagles of the 2000's.

First, I absolutely hate this thread...

Second, my pick would be the Bills because to get to 3 straight Superbowls and lose all 3 is much worse than the NFC Championship games the Eagles lost.

Third, although the Eagles have come up short this decade I wouldn't trade in thier success.

For the entire 70's, & for much of the 80s this team was horrible.

Althought the Giants won a Superbowl this decade, and have come on strong the last 2 yrs. The Eagles have dominated the NFC East, AND the NFC for much of the 2000s and that I am proud of.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #27
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
#74 of the O-line cost them the game. If he was replaced by even a mediocre player w/ a desire to win, they would have.
#74? ... Winston Justice?

He didn't even play...I assume you're talking about Tra Thomas, and yes he missed some blocking assignments but our OTs (Thomas and Runyan) have been the linch-pen of our O-Line and a major part of Philly's success over the years.

Its unfortunate that Thomas had a bad game in what might be his last as an Eagle, but the man has been a dominant LT in this league for a while now.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #28
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

The fact that people view the Bills as 'embarrassing' is incredibly short sighted to me. Is losing 4 straight Super Bowls a good thing? No, of course not, but I'd damn sure rather have my team be there and lose than not make it.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Name me 7 teams in the Superbowl Era better than the 91 Redskins. Name me 3 better than the 92-93 Cowboys. Losing to some of the greatest teams in NFL history is nothing to be embarassed about.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
The fact that people view the Bills as 'embarrassing' is incredibly short sighted to me. Is losing 4 straight Super Bowls a good thing? No, of course not, but I'd damn sure rather have my team be there and lose than not make it.
I don't even think it should be stated that way. They won 4 straight conference championships... the Eagles have won 1 conference championship and 4 (I think) division championships. Both are impressive. The Bills are more impressive.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #31
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Thumbs down Re: Who's more disappointing; The Bills of the 90's or the Eagles of the 2000's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
Name me 7 teams in the Superbowl Era better than the 91 Redskins. Name me 3 better than the 92-93 Cowboys. Losing to some of the greatest teams in NFL history is nothing to be embarassed about.

I will forever and ever and ever... and ever... despise the '91 Redskins.

Kruza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #32
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Actually the Bills were favored heading into SB XXV. The vegas odds makers had them favored by 8. There were some Vegas books that had them favored by 12 or more.
OK, 3 of the Bills 4 defeats were to teams that were clearly superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Anywho to answer the OP, this isn't even debatable. The Bills were an all around better team. The Eagles are more disappointing for the simple fact that they couldn't get out of the NFC Championship most of the time.
See, to me that makes the Bills more disappointing, not less. In Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith the Bills had three of the greatest players at their positions in the history of the sport. Can you name even a single current Eagle who can be considered in that class?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »