Home

Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #17
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: pro bowl

Don't nobody care about winning no damn Pro Bowl lol.

Them players go for two reasons sometimes three:
1. Free Trip to Hawaii.
2. Free money for half ***ing in a game with no meaning.

3. Players who never been to a Pro Bowl are going for the first time. But other than MAYBE winning the game, they could care less about the result. The only difference other than the scoreboard is the amount of money you're receiving for playing.

And moving the Super Bowl a week before the Super Bowl is a bad idea IMO because like you said, if you have a team who's playing in
the Super Bowl and they have your favorite players in the Pro Bowl, they're not going to play because they're preparing for the Super Bowl. So if you're a first timer who's been voted in, you can't go because you've got to prepare for the Super Bowl.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:14 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Don't nobody care about winning no damn Pro Bowl lol.

Them players go for two reasons sometimes three:
1. Free Trip to Hawaii.
2. Free money for half ***ing in a game with no meaning.

3. Players who never been to a Pro Bowl are going for the first time. But other than MAYBE winning the game, they could care less about the result. The only difference other than the scoreboard is the amount of money you're receiving for playing.

And moving the Super Bowl a week before the Super Bowl is a bad idea IMO because like you said, if you have a team who's playing in
the Super Bowl and they have your favorite players in the Pro Bowl, they're not going to play because they're preparing for the Super Bowl. So if you're a first timer who's been voted in, you can't go because you've got to prepare for the Super Bowl.
Some of them probably don't care too much...but I'd bet they at least want to win to get the winners share of the money, which is a lot more than the losers share....

And yea, usually if you're playing in the Super Bowl...your team is going to have quite a bit of Pro Bowlers on that team..and now they won't be able to play in it...I just think that's kind of dumb. It won't even really be a "Pro Bowl" because you're going to have like 5-10 of the best players in the league not even playing in the game. Super Bowl teams are most likely going to have a lot of Pro Bowlers and they're going to be the best players in the league like Fitzgerald this year, and Troy Polamalu, and Tom Brady and Randy Moss last year, and then Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne the year before..Those guys wouldn't even be in the game and you'd have to get a ton of reserves to fill their roles on the Pro Bowl roster. Just seems kind of stupid...
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #19

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Some of them probably don't care too much...but I'd bet they at least want to win to get the winners share of the money, which is a lot more than the losers share....
Its a slippery slope, if you watch the game, its easy to say no one hits hard.

And I would agree with you that the players would like to win, but that is because of their competitive nature only. The winning individual players get around 20k more (I think) than the losers. Despite what media outlets would like you to believe, that is nothing to these guys.

So basically, they would like to win, but will not lose any sleep if they don't.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #20

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

If the money was any part of it, you wouldn't see players choose not to participate.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Man I missed the game. Went out with the family.

I dont' even know where I can watch the game again at. Wonder what CP did and Cooley
CP: not much

Cooley: dropped a pass
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 05:12 AM   #22
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

The Pro Bowl in 2010 will be played at Dolphin Stadium a week before the Super Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »