Home

OS Fantasy Football Signup

This is a discussion on OS Fantasy Football Signup within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Let\'s get some fantasy football rolling

Will, just wondering if you got my pm or email?

thanks
brandon
Old 07-19-2002, 03:50 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 7

Yep, got your PM. Haven't checked my email yet. I got you down for a draft sometime at night, which will be plenty easy to do.

A few more things for everyone. Try and PM me, because I will check that more frequently. I won't neglect my email, but only email me if you can't figure out the whole PMing thing.

Also, if anyone needs to change their availability, just let me know. It's not like anything you say right now is set in stone.

Finally, should something come up as we near the drafts that prevents you from being able to attend your scheduled draft, there's a few things that can happen. First, and most preferred, would just be to switch drafts with someone who would be available for your draft. For example, if you have a funeral that just popped up for the Saturday of the draft, don't worry. I'm sure someone who is scheduled for the draft the following Tuesday could probably switch with you. Again, just let me know. I'll have everyone's availability, so I can just contact a few people and everything will work out.

Second, if you can't make the draft and can't switch with anyone, you can still participate. You'll just have to rank the draftable players, and when it's your turn during the live draft, the computer will just draft for you based on your rankings. So everything will be fine.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:51 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

In reply to:

Will, just wondering if you got my pm or email?

make it easier on will and instead of asking that, when you pm him or anybody just check the box to get a reciept of when its read
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2002, 03:53 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Thanks will..didnt even think of doing that turn ..DOH!
Old 07-19-2002, 04:00 PM   #13
MVP

Things just keep popping up.

If you email me, please include your OS name. It's just easier that way. If you're a lurker that emailled me to play, that's fine. You might as well at least register, though. That way you'll be able to brag about how well your team is doing and whatnot.

Also, here is a list of people that have PMed me so far:

DookieMowf
katchumo
turn2dmk
bryan_05
dh2K3
NYJets37
Rheller
FSU4Life
Spartan23

I'll keep updating this list as more people PM me.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:58 AM   #14
MVP

OS Fantasy Football Signup

Alright, I talked to Steve, and everything is a go.

We're going to have multiple leagues, that way a lot of people can play without depleting the talent pool to the point of Ryan Leaf being someone's third overall selection. There are going to be no prizes given out, this is purely for fun. Besides, it's completely free.

Depending on the response, I figure we'll have about a half-dozen 12-team leagues. They're all going to be live draft, so you will have to plan to take a few hours out of one day in late August to draft your players.

Once I figure out how many leagues there will be (depending on the response), I'll start creating the leagues. The draft times will be staggered in order to make it so there's at least one available draft time for everyone.

Keep in mind, please, that you will have to spend a few hours at some point drafting players with the other 11 guys in the league. I cannot stress that enough. I don't want to fill a league and then have some people pull out saying they don't have time for the draft. You'll have about a month's notification of the draft time, so you'll have plenty of time to plan around it, but keep in mind, it will need to be planned around.

We are going to use NFL.com as the site for our fantasy football. They have plenty of times available and they are also giving away trips to the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies to the top three overall players. So maybe if the gods smile down at us someone at OS will be lucky enough to win one.

Here is where you guys come in. If you are interested in doing this, shoot me a private message. To do so, click on My Home near the top of the page, and it should be pretty self explanatory from there. You could also email me at [email protected]. Please do not just post a reply saying you're interested, because it will be way too cluttered and confusing. A simple PM is the best way.

When you PM me, please include any general times (like Tuesday night or in the mornings, something like that) that you absolutely cannot be there to draft players. I will use that to put you into a league that will have a draft time that will work for you.

If you want, you can also tell me that you'd rather do an automated draft. That's where you rank players ahead of time, and when the draft time comes, the computer picks the players based on your rankings and who's available. You have less involvement over your players, but it's a little more convenient. If you would rather do that than a live draft, let me know in the PM and I'll create an automated draft league and throw you in it.

Once I start getting leagues filled up, I will PM you back and tell you which league to join at NFL.com. It might be anywhere from 1-3 weeks after you PM me, but don't worry, I'll keep you updated and you will definitely have plenty of forewarning before the actual draft.

For rules about how the league itself is set up, go check out the Fantasy page at www.nfl.com.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I expect to be getting a ton of PMs pretty soon.

Oh, one more thing, this is all supposed to be fun, so let's have some fun with it, no? That means lots and lots of trash talking when the time comes. Maybe we'll give the Best Trash Talker Award at the end of the season. That is something one should really covet.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:58 AM   #15
MVP

Bump. Keep 'em coming, guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2002, 10:27 PM   #16
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10

I want in, I will PM ya.