Home

Torry Holt cut by the Rams.

This is a discussion on Torry Holt cut by the Rams. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Torry Holt cut by the Rams.

Im hearing Tennessee chatter!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Im hearing Tennessee chatter!
Nah. I'm hearing Peyton Manning on his cell phone right now talking to Bill Polian about Torry Holt.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 03-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #19
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

The Titans were apparently the only team trying to get a trade done, which it was compensation wise, except they couldn't get Holt to agree on a restructure.

Which is smart on Holts' behalf if true, as being a free agent will land him more $ than being a trade option. This is his last NFL contract probably, may as well get as much as possible.

That or he doesn't want to be a Titan. Can't say I blame him if so - it's fairly opposite to the style of play he has been used to as a Ram. No more dome to run around in, and he'll probably be blocking on the run more than running routes.

The Colts do make a crap load of sense, unfortunately. Basically an upgrade from Harrison 08 IMO.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The Colts do make a crap load of sense, unfortunately. Basically an upgrade from Harrison 08 IMO.
Yup. It does make plenty of sense. But don't worry. It won't happen. I'm almost 99.999999% sure of that. Knowing Bill Polian, he'll get a WR in the draft to replace Harrison. That's just how he rolls. I can't really fault him. He's a great GM. But sometimes it's extremely frustrating being a Colts fan. We never seem to do anything interesting. It's always the same old offseason being a Colts fan...just let the free agents walk to other teams, and build through the draft. Actually even the draft is frustrating...I swear every year we take players that I've never even heard of. Sometimes i wish I was a Redskins fan so I could have Dan Snyder as my GM. lol. At least Snyder goes after big name free agents and doesn't build through the draft all the freaking time.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Yup. It does make plenty of sense. But don't worry. It won't happen. I'm almost 99.999999% sure of that. Knowing Bill Polian, he'll get a WR in the draft to replace Harrison. That's just how he rolls. I can't really fault him. He's a great GM. But sometimes it's extremely frustrating being a Colts fan. We never seem to do anything interesting. It's always the same old offseason being a Colts fan...just let the free agents walk to other teams, and build through the draft. Actually even the draft is frustrating...I swear every year we take players that I've never even heard of. Sometimes i wish I was a Redskins fan so I could have Dan Snyder as my GM. lol. At least Snyder goes after big name free agents and doesn't build through the draft all the freaking time.
Agreed. How crazy would have Haynesworth, TJ Houshmanzada or Terrell Owens have been on the Colts? Heck you could just fk the draft and get one of those guys and the teams good again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #22
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I don't think the Colts had the cap room for any of those guys really. Not after Saturday (who was very important) and Hayden (not as much but about time the Colts resigned a defender not named Freeney, no?).

Besides, you don't mess with success. Even if that success is mostly limited to the regular season, it's still a winning formula.

If I was Holt, I'd try and get my best offer from Indy. If it's respectable, go for it. He could finish as a HOF'er with much the same conditions he enjoyed in St Louis.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #23
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

So then Harrison in Philly. Yaaaaaa, Marvin like being in Philly. lol
Old 03-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Sometimes i wish I was a Redskins fan so I could have Dan Snyder as my GM. lol. At least Snyder goes after big name free agents and doesn't build through the draft all the freaking time.
No you don't. Trust me lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »