Home

What?..Yall got no love for Byron Leftwich?

This is a discussion on What?..Yall got no love for Byron Leftwich? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: What?..Yall got no love for Byron Leftwich?

Oh come on man! I'm not using the term "hating" in an incendiary manner. I am just using some rap music term or something that I heard in a Kanye West song to sound hip or something.

I just like Byron. He is an OK guy.

Byron did a nice job last year as our back-up, and clearly wants to be a starter again in the NFL, but doesn't seem to be getting any interest. We liked him in Pittsburgh as a back-up, as he was classy about understanding his role on the team and he stepped in a couple of times when Big Ben went down. I would be happy for the guy if another team wanted to give him a shot as a starter, but I would love to see him back as our #2 again this year.

So - let me re-phrase my statement. Keep "not giving him a chance to be a starter" NFL! Byron was a good teammate last year, and he would be welcomed back to the Black and Gold with open arms.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #18
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

In my opinion, he's an above-average backup, and a poor starter. He's a guy you wouldn't mind running your team for a few games while your main guy is out but his flaws are too serious to give him any real consideration for your starting job. From what I've seen, his release is waaaay too slow. Streaky accuracy, especially on the medium passes. Poor touch on the short to intermediate passes. Really hurts your screen and flat game. Pretty good leader from what I've heard and he plays hard. Has absolutely no mobility and drops fairly easily for a guy his size. Decent deep ball but won't really be fitting it into tight spaces. He can get into a groove but just as easily he could be very frustrating to root for.

In conclusion, I'm not really surprised he hasn't gotten a lot of free agency love. After the draft, after teams reassess their quarterback position, I'm sure teams will give him a look if they're not comfortable with their backup QB.
NCAA: UNC
Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Yes, the NFL is preventing him from getting a starting job on another team is the reason why he doesn't have a job now.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I like this!

Everyone is down on Leftwich. I thought he played great last year as Big Ben's back-up.

I would venture to guess that there isn't a Steeler fan out there who wouldn't love to have him back next year.

Keep hating on him NFL. Byron has a nice niche in Pittsburgh.
Everyone is about right on Lefty. He's an ok backup... he'll get another job as a backup eventually. Definitely not worth a thread about him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »