Home

Favre to the Vikings?

This is a discussion on Favre to the Vikings? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #33
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Favre cut by Jets, how long

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
let the man play. He has been the face of the NFL for the past 18 years. Nobody has put more effort towards the game. He's better right now than more than half the QBs in the NFL. You do remember that the Jets were 8-3 at one point with a healthy Favre and they won 5 more games than the previous season. The Packers on the other hand, proceeded to lose 7 more games than the previous season. He's been a winner his whole career and he I welcome him to play for any team this year. BTW, I live in Green Bay and used to be a Packer fan up until Ted Thompson screwed the team.
"Warning, I go on a rant below."

First off Wwarton beat me to most of what I wanted to say, so dittos to him. And if he wants to play he should play. But he shouldn't retire every year and keep coming back. Make a decision and stick to it.

Next up I am going to guess you started watching Packer football sometime between now and 1989. Because if you had struggled through having to watch the patheticness of the 70's and 80's T.T. ruining the team(in your opinion) wouldn't have stopped you from rooting for them. Everyone I knew in the 80's watched every game. And it was much more painful than last year. I think you need to face facts. You were a Brett Favre fan. Not a Packer fan. There is nothing wrong with that. But the Packer fans I know take pride in the 29 years of struggle between greatness and followed the team through thick and thin.

The best joke I know(because its true)is "how many packer fans does it take to change a light bulb?"

3-One to change the light bulb and two to talk about how great the old one was. If you were a true packer fan, you would always take pride in that and never forget the glory days.

Now how exactly did Ted ruin the team? Oh, I am guessing it is becuase he let brett leave town. Two years ago it took all the Giants had to get to the super bowl. The funny thing was, when the team took the field and the camera went to brett, my wife and I said, Oh sh**, we are gonna lose. He had a look like he didn't even want to be there. His body language in overtime said the same thing. Brett was a big reason we were in the game. But he was a big reason we lost too. It was time for him to go.

Take a look at the drafts under Sherman and under Thompson. Which one drafted more productive players? Ted took over a team that was top heavy in salaries overpaying underperforming players and no depth. The first thing he needed to do (after adressing the ever reacurring brett might retire this year saga) was add depth with quality. He has built a good team. Its too bad you aren't a fan anymore or you could enjoy the years to come as well as the years gone by.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #34
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

^This.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #35

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
If he's pushing for his release, I think he wants to play.

Possible teams in my opinion: Minnesota, Houston, Washington, Miami, Baltimore
Miami does not need him. If it is a 1 year thing, they are keeping Pennington, not going after Favre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #36
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Brian Kenny on ESPN said apparently there was a private plane charter from Hattiesburg, MS to Minneapolis, MN.

Let the rumors begin!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #37
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
^This.
^^Double that.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 35

Coem back Brett!

My 2 cent on the Packer/Jet thing.

I believe when Green Bay stepped on the Field with #4 as there leader, they believed they could win every game......With Aaron Rodgers? Not so much.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #39

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

[quote=Blitz1942;2039499708]We thought that last year (somewhat).

I actually liked the idea of him coming back to the league the first time. HATED the fact I couldn't want NFL network or ESPN without hearing about Farve. The farve watch is back on at NFL Network and I HATE it. I already knew the media was going to milk this all for what its worth.

As soon as farve and some people did some so called hinting that he could come back the media immediately turned on farve watch so now i'm going to have to hear his name every time I watch NFL Network.

Farve says for now I'm retired and i'm not coming back, but the media takes it as a hint that he might come back. I can see him coming back(slim chance but possible), but I don't want him to just for the fact I'm going to hear his name over a 100 times this summer.

Plus he needs to really just needs to get on with his life. I know football has been his life but, move on bret. I believe its that time.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I want some of what you're smoking. First the obvious... I would REALLY like to hear why you think Baltimore would even take a phone call.

As for everybody else besides Minnesota, considering how bitter he was about going to the Jets, why do you think he'd want to go to Houston, Miami or Washington? And on the flip side, the Jets thought he was the final piece to take them to the SB, fully aware that he wouldn't be there for more than a year or two. Only Minnesota has a team in that situation right now, and other than Danny dingbat, none of the other teams would even consider it. Especially Miami who's a)run by Parcells, b)have Pennington who took them from 0-16 to a division title, and c)have a young QB ready to step in when Pennington leaves, with the wildcard of d)just drafted White in the 2nd round to be part of the rotation behind center in some capacity.
First, Baltimore was mentioned last year, and while your QB had a nice rookie season, he more or less drove the bus while the defense won games. Farve (if he can play to last year's level) MIGHT add a little more firepower in Flacco's still very young career.

You nailed why I included Washington. Danny loves this stuff, and Campbell is looking more and more like a backup.

Houston is like Minnesota. That is a very talented young team they're putting together down there.

Miami only because Pennington is always a bump away from a season-ending injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »