Home

New Vick madden 2004 pics

This is a discussion on New Vick madden 2004 pics within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2003, 10:46 PM   #33
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New Vick madden 2004 pics

Color me unimpressed...they look EXACTLY the same as last years version...scratch that....as the year before as well.

I am sure folks will quickly point out sales figures for Madden vs NFL2K3, but most don't realise that those very figures are what keeps EA from making an actual effort to improve their games. At least SEGA TRIES to improve (drastic differences between 2k1, 2 and 3).

This is not to say that 2K3 or Madden is the better game, it just irks me that EA can rest on the laurels and sell millions + of practially the same game 3 years running.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:17 AM   #34
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Madden does have Melon heads and punny bodies . Sega has flat stomachs, players running like they have a stick up their arse and facemasks that sit too low on the face (no facemask other then kickers should be below the nose but most are in sega's game to show off the faces). Neither game has great graphics in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:19 AM   #35
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Also, on most facemasks in the sega game, the bars are too thin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

His head looks bigger in this pic because the camera is closer to that part of his body. A artist or photagrapher will tell you that this picture is very accurate. Madden games have excellent depth when it comes to visualization, the camera system in their games are top notch.

Have someone take a picture of you from the same angle and I bet you will have a melon.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:07 AM   #37
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

The player models in NFL2K are obviously better looking. But Madden still kicks ***. I will be buying both.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:07 AM   #38
Rookie

For those that complain about body paportions in games, have you ever taken an art class? I took commercial art all thru high school and this is the way my teacher would tell me to draw a football player from this angle. Make the head biger than it really is. That my friend creates depth on a flat surface. And thats another area EA artist outshines Sega's.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #39
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Your head looks bigger when you are wearing a helmet. I dont think Vicks head looks too big. Look at the detail in the two pics Madden blows nfl 2k3 away! Freaking Donavon doesnt even have a thump in that 2k3pic.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:28 AM   #40
Rookie

His thumbs not showing in that 2k pic because that game doesn't have specific finger movement like Madden. Fingers are the most complex parts of the body to re-create and EA's effort is very impressive.

Also i don't like the thigh pads on the players in 2k3, they're too detailed and they look like they're on the outside of their pants. Sega needs to soften that up a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »