Home

Xbox owners bashing EA sports

This is a discussion on Xbox owners bashing EA sports within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2002, 05:08 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Xbox owners bashing EA sports

I think a lot of the Xbox owners who post here and other Web forums are also former DC owners who resented the fact that EA didn't support the DC. They also resent Sony for helping bringing about the demise of the DC.

That is why, for instance, they're quick to blame EA for not making Madden compatible with XBL, because they think it's another case of EA not supporting their platform of choice. They conveniently overlook the fact that MS wants to eat EA's lunch -- lets face it, if it were up to MS, all Xbox games sold would be published by MS as they slanted the bundles with mostly MS games. EA has justification for not handing over the names of their customers to MS, which has screwed over partners in the past (remember Windows CE for the DC?), stolen customers.

If Blizzard for instance ever makes console games, they'd probably be reluctant to make XBL games. A Vivendi exec., which owns Blizzard, said there is no way they're going to hand over the million plus customer names registered for Battle.net over to MS.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

I totally agree about them needing to be online with XBOX. Big mistake. Geez, I can't believe I agreed with a Mountaineer fan!
Old 07-19-2002, 05:31 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

That is some funny stuff (crap)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2002, 05:32 PM   #12
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

EA could give 2 ****s less about what you or most XBOX users think, they are the single largest software company in the world, they arent going anywhere....that being said I own both XBOX and PS2 and will be buying the XBOX version, as it looks a little better than the PS2 one, I especially like the "shiny sheen" look of the uniforms that was discussed in the IGN review...it makes them look like the uni's are actual material, not just textures
Old 07-19-2002, 05:47 PM   #13
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2

XBox owners bashing EA is absurd. Hello! Have you all forgotten who creates XBox??? The king of monopoly itself, Microsoft!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:02 PM   #14
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

I have to agree withe some of your points about EA maybe being stale in some areas. Look at NBA lLive series that has become now a second best when it used to be the only basketball franchise worth buying. Now I am a 2K man and love Sega's hoop presentation. As far as NCAA goes though I think when you make a game that is really good it is hard to make it sooo much better. You can add things to it and tweak problems from last year to make a better product. I do give EA credit for listening to the complaints of the fans and changing things to better fit what they want. Example: I know a lot of people complained about the defensive back AI and some stupid tackel animations and from reading Steve's post about this years game they have updated those and a whole lot of other things. As far as XBOX vs PS2 goes I can't really get into that since I don't own a XBOX.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:09 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I im a x-box and ps2 owner and i dont bash EA..but their football soccer and hockey games are better then the other sports IMO.

Brandon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2002, 06:12 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

JT makes a good point about their efforts to fix things. Read the developer interviews on different sites... they listen to people to some degree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »