Home

Time Warner vs. NFL Network when will this end?

This is a discussion on Time Warner vs. NFL Network when will this end? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Time Warner vs. NFL Network when will this end?

How many of you are still caught in between the battle between NFL Network and Time Warner, Comcast has already settled with NFL Network but Time Warner has done nothing. Does anyone have any new News regarding this conflict. I want to go to Direct TV but my wife at this time feels that there are more important things needed. so what is going on with this situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Time Warner vs. NFL Network when will this end?

Probably never. Here in Northern NJ we have Cablevision which is owned by James Dolan, who also owns the New York Knicks, and is one of the worst owners in pro sports.

I made the switch to DirecTV in August 2008 and I'm really glad that I did. I get the Choice package with the Sports Pack and DVR. NFL Network is awesome, this week they're having an America's Game marathon, the complete stories of all 42 Super Bowl winning teams. I thought I would get the NFL Sunday ticket, but I don't need to b/c every week during the NFL season NFL Network airs the top 3 or 4 games from each week on weekday nights.

Look at me practically advertising for DirecTV, they should discount my next bill. They will raise the prices from time to time, like they did this past March, my bill is up $4 every month since. Your wife probably wouldn't like that. But the bottom line is if you're a big sports fan nothing beats it.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
Probably never. Here in Northern NJ we have Cablevision which is owned by James Dolan, who also owns the New York Knicks, and is one of the worst owners in pro sports.

I made the switch to DirecTV in August 2008 and I'm really glad that I did. I get the Choice package with the Sports Pack and DVR. NFL Network is awesome, this week they're having an America's Game marathon, the complete stories of all 42 Super Bowl winning teams. I thought I would get the NFL Sunday ticket, but I don't need to b/c every week during the NFL season NFL Network airs the top 3 or 4 games from each week on weekday nights.

Look at me practically advertising for DirecTV, they should discount my next bill. They will raise the prices from time to time, like they did this past March, my bill is up $4 every month since. Your wife probably wouldn't like that. But the bottom line is if you're a big sports fan nothing beats it.
would do any thing for that!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

With Comcast & the NFL already having "kissed & made up" it will only be a matter of time before TWC does the same. Comcast is #1 in the country in cable, while TWC is #2; if TWC doesn't want to continue to lose customers to Comcast & satellite they will be forced into making a deal with the NFL soon. Also, since Comcast & the NFL already have a plan in place, you'll most likely see both TWC & the NFL use this as a guideline with negotiations. Maybe not this year, but definitely next football season, I would think.

<--- Stuck with TWC
Old 07-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
With Comcast & the NFL already having "kissed & made up" it will only be a matter of time before TWC does the same. Comcast is #1 in the country in cable, while TWC is #2; if TWC doesn't want to continue to lose customers to Comcast & satellite they will be forced into making a deal with the NFL soon. Also, since Comcast & the NFL already have a plan in place, you'll most likely see both TWC & the NFL use this as a guideline with negotiations. Maybe not this year, but definitely next football season, I would think.

<--- Stuck with TWC
I had comcast prior to Time warner and they had NFL Network, Comcast and Time warner brought Adelphia cable and comcast released all of Los Angeles to time warner, with an agreement that our service would not change. Well since Time warner never carried the NFL Network they cut it off immediatly and were forced to put it back on by the FCC since they did not notify customer 30 days prior. I like the NFL network Time warner always states that we have nfl coverage. I have noticed that my neigbors are all getting the dish. They did offer to carried the NFL Network games on a pay per view. You see MLB,NBA,NHL gave TWC part of the profits so TWC carries these network, that is what they are holding out for. I hope that their stocks continue to fall making them a possible hostile take over candidate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll be getting Direct TV soon since the technology is at a point where even in the stormiest of weather you can still get good reception. Especially with the football season coming up and I'll have a lot of free Thursday nights coming up. Watching those NFL Network games will be awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »