Home

Best QB in the NFL that has NOT won a championship

This is a discussion on Best QB in the NFL that has NOT won a championship within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best QB in the NFL without a ring
McNabb 51 48.11%
Brees 36 33.96%
Rivers 7 6.60%
Palmer 3 2.83%
Hasselbeck 1 0.94%
Romo 6 5.66%
Other 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Best QB in the NFL that has NOT won a championship

I didn't make a snide remark. You made an argument that QBs don't lose games, teams do but also said Romo (the QB) is the reason they were there. You can pick out all the details you want but it's the same message. Can we pick out all the big plays made by the defense, running backs, special teams too?

I personally don't think Romo's name even belongs on the list bc he hasn't been in the league that long but it's not my thread so my interpretation may not be the same as the OP. But even if we take the question for ALL QBs, you'd agree that the teams around the QB play a big role also. McNabb and his team have been to the SB and a game away more than anyone else on the list. We don't need to go through every hiccup of every game to say that or explain why it's significant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #66
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Are QBs supposed to win SBs within 3 years of entering the league? The things people expect of Romo are absurd. He's the sole reason that team is even relevant come December.
WHAT?

So Demarcus Ware, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Terrell Owens, Jason Whitten and Roy Williams (DB) had nothing to do with it? Those guys are just scrubs, right? Romo was out there playing defense, HB, and WR all at the same time?

Romo's a choker. He's Bernie Kosar. He'll be great in the regular season, then caugh it up in the playoffs. It's his nature. McNabb has DRAGGED some talentless offenses into the playoffs. Romo has done nothing of the sort.

Tony Romo will never win the Superbowl.

Ever. Write it down and remember where you heard it.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #67
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

Shotgun Styles and I rarely see eye to eye on things on this issue I agree. It's not that I have a hate on for Romo. I like him as a person but I don't really like him as a football player. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since Parcells saw his talent and Parcells nurtured Simms and Drew Bledsoe who were both pretty darn good QBs. Hell, the man won games with Neil O'Donnell as his QB! It's just when I see Romo play I see a guy that's destined to only be a regular season QB.

I can't really explain WHY I feel this way it's just a gut feeling that I get when watching him play. I think he'll eventually win some playoff games but he's never going to make it to the SB. To me, and i've been consistent about this ever since he burst onto the scene I see Romo as a more popular version of Danny White.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #68
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who caught that too, wwharton.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
WHAT?

So Demarcus Ware, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Terrell Owens, Jason Whitten and Roy Williams (DB) had nothing to do with it? Those guys are just scrubs, right? Romo was out there playing defense, HB, and WR all at the same time?

Romo's a choker. He's Bernie Kosar. He'll be great in the regular season, then caugh it up in the playoffs. It's his nature. McNabb has DRAGGED some talentless offenses into the playoffs. Romo has done nothing of the sort.

As I've already stated, as evidenced by how terrible the Cowboys were without Romo this season, he is important to the success of that team. He has played in two playoff games ever and would've played in a third if his team could've beaten a team that was as bad as the Lions without him. If D-Ware, Felix Jones, TO, and Marion Barber were so great that any QB could function with them, then the Cowboys would've made the playoffs. They didn't; therefore, Tony Romo is a significant part of the Cowboys' success.

Honestly, he's not top 5, and is barely a top 10 QB. He reminds me of Favre, who IIRC, won just as many playoff games as Romo in his first few seasons starting.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #70
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Oh shotgun.....very funny, I liked the way you lumped all those players together but yet found a way to put it all on Romo.Unlike Pitt,Dallas has to deal with ownership that often gets in the way and does things backwards when it comes to football decisions.Oil and gas sure spot on.Gm of cowboys not so much.Mcnabb has the Benefit of being with smart ownership around fairly solid talent for most of his career.That being saidI could easily say the same thing about every Qb on this list we'll see.Mcnabb has about 2-4 years to get a ring,Brees Not gonna happen. Romo still has time on his side.Next you'll tell me John Elway was a choke artist cause he lost his first 3 superbowls.It doesnt matter how you start it matters how you finish.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Romo still has time on his side.Next you'll tell me John Elway was a choke artist cause he lost his first 3 superbowls..
One of the worst comparisons I've seen.

Even for Cowboys people this is terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #72
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
One of the worst comparisons I've seen.

Even for Cowboys people this is terrible.
I think McNabb's career compares favorably to Elway's though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »