Home

Why does EAsports think Maddens Player models are fine?

This is a discussion on Why does EAsports think Maddens Player models are fine? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #17
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Why does EAsports think Maddens Player models are fine?

I hate Madden's player models with a passion. They look good for what they are, but they are just so terribly unrealistic. They are far too small and are porportioned terribly with the stadium, sideline, and referees. All linemen are fat...period and all receivers have skinny tubes for arms. They lack detail and are just plain cartoony.

2K models are far from perfect but they are the closest thing to what real football players look like.

The best way to see this is after the play when you see the subtle animations(linemen picking the RB up in 2K, players fixing there shoulder pads in Madden). Players look very realistic in 2K and just plain cartoony in Madden.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:23 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 17

madden is smooth as silk though, which helps alot....I dont even think 2k guys look all that realistic.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:36 AM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think 2K has tha best looking stadiums and models. Madden jus moves so much better. Tha replays are better 2 watch in Madden tha running animation is tha best of any game. I think if EA did remodel madden's players they would have 2 do EVERYTHING. How wierd would it look having larger player models in tha Madden stadiums??
Old 05-10-2003, 11:43 AM   #20
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Rocky said:
I hate Madden's player models with a passion. They look good for what they are, but they are just so terribly unrealistic. They are far too small and are porportioned terribly with the stadium, sideline, and referees. All linemen are fat...period and all receivers have skinny tubes for arms. They lack detail and are just plain cartoony.

2K models are far from perfect but they are the closest thing to what real football players look like.

The best way to see this is after the play when you see the subtle animations(linemen picking the RB up in 2K, players fixing there shoulder pads in Madden). Players look very realistic in 2K and just plain cartoony in Madden.

At least with madden you can go in and edit things you feel are not right with players. Madden is good for both casual fans and Diehard fans becuase of its ability to let you customize as much as you want. You can edit players in all type of ways as well as gameplay this is what draws me back year after year.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:46 AM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

At least with madden you can go in and edit things you feel are not right with players. Madden is good for both casual fans and Diehard fans becuase of its ability to let you customize as much as you want. You can edit players in all type of ways as well as gameplay this is what draws me back year after year.

Great point. Thats another thing I love about Madden and EA Sports games in General. You can edit players accessories anytime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2003, 11:57 AM   #22
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

SageTheInfinite said:
Quote:

Great point. Thats another thing I love about Madden and EA Sports games in General. You can edit players accessories anytime.

Yeah I like that too. Now all they need is to add more assecories and equipment which it looks like they have done some of this,this year.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:02 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

Player models need very little to no work. I'm one of those people wondering what some of you see wrong with them. They have variety based on position and person. You can change these if you want to. Granted they are a bit small but just like Sage said I can't imagine bigger player models in madden. Mostly cause I don't think they need to be bigger. They look like humans differing with each other enough and move like humans. Good enough for me.

Looking at 2k3 every WR and DB looks the same. All DTs look like Simeon Rice and Simeon Rice (along with other DEs) is fat. All LBs are Boss Baileys. Besides this the robotic movement adds to the already robotic feel they have. IMHO they just don't look good whether still or moving.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:02 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 14

The player models look very good to me, and more importantly, they look great in motion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »