Home

Madden 2004 Preview? or NFL2K3 Preview?

This is a discussion on Madden 2004 Preview? or NFL2K3 Preview? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 03:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Madden 2004 Preview? or NFL2K3 Preview?

I was reading this hoping to find originality and came away laughing at how much of this stuff 2K already has. I know the people here who played both games had to see this too. Here’s a short list of what 2K already has and Madden is just now getting. Most of them are rip-offs and improved rip-offs. There are couple of things that sound nice and would like to see them in the game but we'll have to wait and see what sticks when Madden2004 comes out. I do like the fact EA likes to tip it's hat early and VC could take some of these "Revolutionary" features and put it in their game too Sound like Madden is leaning more towards 2K than 2K leaning towards Madden and Madden fanboys thought 2K was crap or maybe EA did buy Sega and will announce it at E3
[*]Revolutionary Playmaker Control: Just like NFL players on the field, gamers now have more control over the action before and during the play with intuitive right stick adjustments (improved 2K3 rip-off).[*]direct receivers (2K1 Maxium passing rip-off)[*]make quick adjustments on defense. (2K3 on the fly audible rip-off)[*]New broadcast quality effects create a seamless transition from the end of the play to the play-call interface with post-play graphics shown on screen. (2k rip-off)[*]Other enhancements include new split screen replays (ESPN & 2K3 rip-off).[*]numerous specialty animations including stumbles with the ball (2K rip-off)[*]open field blocks (2K rip-off)[*]defensive reaction moves (2K rip-off)[*]new QB scramble transitions to improve throwing the run (2K1 rip-off)[*]Players are modeled with the greatest accuracy even including tattoos on player arms (only Brian Urlacher in 2k3), dreadlocks, and long hair sticking out of the helmets (improved 2K3 rip-off).[*]The deepest and most realistic playbooks (2K2 rip-off)[*]Deep AI includes situational passing that will not throw up the middle with time running down (2K3 rip-off).[*]real NFL zone coverage schemes (2K2 rip-off)[*]Put players on the trading block and field offers for trades from computer teams. (2K2 rip-off)[*]dynamic play-by-play and sideline reporter[*]halftime analysis (2K3 rip-off)[*]audio for specific player moves (2K3 rip-off).[*]blowout commentary (2K rip-off)[*]gamers can even hire their own coaching staffs (WSB and WSB2K3 rip-off)[*]Mini-camp drills will be integrated to boost up players during franchise mode in the off season (improved rip-off from Tennis2K2 rip-off from Madden2003)

List of things that sounds nice
[*]relocating your team (probably Xbox and PC only).[*]Stadium Builder: Using graphical building tools, choose from multiple pieces to build your fully customized home field with over 17 billion combinations—put scoreboards, luxury boxes, and tunnels, where you want them. (probably Xbox and PC only).[*]full Jukebox feature allows custom orders and play lists (probably Xbox and PC only).[*]After the snap, use the right stick to call out blocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 2004 Preview? or NFL2K3 Preview?

By your standards Madden ripped off NFL2K3 by throwing an oblong item around on a filed...etc....
It's like saying so and so baseball game ripped off another baseball game by having broken bats.
There's only so much you can do in sports games. It's not ripping off from another game but trying to be a better game.
Just my .02
Old 05-10-2003, 08:39 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 14

I was reading this hoping to find originality and came away laughing at how much of a fanboy a person can be.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Not sure about this but have read where some of VC's original ppl started at EA. And Sega adopted many of Maddens gameplay features from years back. Which gets back to the earlier point of sports games not really stealing from each other but using what is there to enhance their product. And there is only so much you can do in a sports game to paraphrase Skyboxer.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:

Skyboxer said:

By your standards Madden ripped off NFL2K3 by throwing an oblong item around on a filed...etc....
It's like saying so and so baseball game ripped off another baseball game by having broken bats.
There's only so much you can do in sports games. It's not ripping off from another game but trying to be a better game.
Just my .02

Actually I'm showing none of this stuff will be considered any good unless it's in Madden. When all the while it was already in the supposed inferior 2K series. Your right about the trying to be better part why wait for Madden to get it when you can get it with 2K. I get tired of seeing how NFK2K keep getting higher review scores (not by much by some accounts) but people still don't give it the time of day. Heck even 2K3 won best sports title at last years E3 and ends up selling for $10. What does VC have to do to get people to open their freakin eyes and their pockets. All these online and Print media reviewers can't be wrong. Now if any of these features were in Madden first you Madden fanboys would be screaming rip-off too and if 2K didn't have these features it would be cause enough not to buy it. Regardless of what crap EA shovel at you as long as it's has Madden's name on it's alright and the feature isn't any good unless it has it. Which is total fanboy crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 17

dude you havent even played the game and you're claiming they ripped this stuff off from 2kx? News flash, the 2kx developers used to work for EA and they ripped some stuff from Madden! Also how is open field blocking ripping off from 2kx? Thats like saying EA has crossover dribbles in their basketball, 2kx puts them in....they are ripping EA? It's just a apart of the game.

Quote:

Revolutionary Playmaker Control: Just like NFL players on the field, gamers now have more control over the action before and during the play with intuitive right stick adjustments (improved 2K3 rip-off).

2k3 has nothing even close to playmaker control

Quote:

direct receivers (2K1 Maxium passing rip-off)

directing recievers has nothing to do with max passing

Quote:

New broadcast quality effects create a seamless transition from the end of the play to the play-call interface with post-play graphics shown on screen. (2k rip-off)

how do you know this? you havent played the game!

Quote:

Other enhancements include new split screen replays (ESPN & 2K3 rip-off).

Madden 2003 had a tri-screen replay, so how is this biting 2k3?

Quote:

numerous specialty animations including stumbles with the ball (2K rip-off)

dude have you even played madden, ball cariers hav been stumbling since like 2000, this is just another way of saying they're adding new animations.

Quote:

open field blocks (2K rip-off)

so no other football game can have open field blocks? It's part of the game.

Quote:

defensive reaction moves (2K rip-off)

What defensive reaction moves are there in 2k? And again, how do you know what they are in madden 2004 when you havent played?

Quote:

new QB scramble transitions to improve throwing the run (2K1 rip-off)

you are reaching my man

Quote:

Players are modeled with the greatest accuracy even including tattoos on player arms (only Brian Urlacher in 2k3), dreadlocks, and long hair sticking out of the helmets (improved 2K3 rip-off).

perhaps 2k3 is biting EA, Nba live has been doing this for years.

Quote:

The deepest and most realistic playbooks (2K2 rip-off)

Again, why can't they expand their books, fans have been demanding this for years.

Quote:

Deep AI includes situational passing that will not throw up the middle with time running down (2K3 rip-off).

Again..you are reaching

Quote:

real NFL zone coverage schemes (2K2 rip-off)

what? so other games can't employ strategy?

Quote:

Put players on the trading block and field offers for trades from computer teams. (2K2 rip-off)

Wrong, madden had a trading block long before the 2kx series...sega 'stole' this from EA.

Quote:

gamers can even hire their own coaching staffs (WSB and WSB2K3 rip-off)

I'm sure EA's main goal was to play as much WSB as they could to steal their ideas...wrong again.

Quote:

Mini-camp drills will be integrated to boost up players during franchise mode in the off season (improved rip-off from Tennis2K2 rip-off from Madden2003)

Now you're getting ridiculous, no one gives a crap about tennis 2k2!!! And 2004 is 'stealing' from 2003..oh my god, those theiving EA bastards! They bit something from the previous years game that they made!!! they should rot for that one. I suppose Sega is guilty of this sin also then. So is every other sports game.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:56 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:

Then you never played 2K3 then or tried using the "on-the-fly" audible system.
Quote:

directing recievers has nothing to do with max passing

What do you think maxium passing is for?
Quote:

how do you know this? you havent played the game!

Actually I have. I haven't owned a Madden game since 1999 and still haven't lost yet. It's just a testament on how weak Madden's gameplay still is.
Quote:

Madden 2003 had a tri-screen replay, so how is this biting 2k3?

Then why is EA biting?
Quote:

dude have you even played madden, ball cariers hav been stumbling since like 2000, this is just another way of saying they're adding new animations.

My bad you're right it does have that famous (and only) one where the runner puts his hand down on the ground and keeps going. That was in it before 2000. maybe madden will have a total of 2 stumble moves now.
Quote:

so no other football game can have open field blocks? It's part of the game.

But Madden is the best it should already have this and if it does why is it in the feature list?
Quote:

What defensive reaction moves are there in 2k? And again, how do you know what they are in madden 2004 when you havent played?

If you played 2k you would know
Quote:

you are reaching my man

Madden is the best and should have this already right?
Quote:

perhaps 2k3 is biting EA, Nba live has been doing this for years.

Your trying that with the wrong person I used to buy all and I mean all of EA sports titles and they didn't do any of this until NBA2K1 did it.
Quote:

Again, why can't they expand their books, fans have been demanding this for years.

Again Madden is the best and most realistic football game. This feature should've been a given.
Quote:

Again..you are reaching

Again Madden is the best and most realistic football game. This feature should've been a given. I don't remember Madden ever doing this but 2K3 does this already.
Quote:

what? so other games can't employ strategy?

Again Madden is the best and most realistic football game. This feature should've been a given.
Quote:

Wrong, madden had a trading block long before the 2kx series...sega 'stole' this from EA.

Right
Quote:

I'm sure EA's main goal was to play as much WSB as they could to steal their ideas...wrong again.

Sure why not WSB's was just called the best franchise mode to date.
Quote:

Now you're getting ridiculous, no one gives a crap about tennis 2k2!!! And 2004 is 'stealing' from 2003..oh my god, those theiving EA bastards! They bit something from the previous years game that they made!!! they should rot for that one. I suppose Sega is guilty of this sin also then. So is every other sports game.

You would say that because you never played Tennis2K2. EA added the Mini-camp in 2003 (which is a rip-off of Virtua tennis and Tennis2K2) but it had nothing to do with the Franchise mode like it did in Tennis2K2 until now that is.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #8
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Bad_Intentions said:
dude you havent even played the game and you're claiming they ripped this stuff off from 2kx? News flash, the 2kx developers used to work for EA and they ripped some stuff from Madden! Also how is open field blocking ripping off from 2kx? Thats like saying EA has crossover dribbles in their basketball, 2kx puts them in....they are ripping EA? It's just a apart of the game.

Quote:

Revolutionary Playmaker Control: Just like NFL players on the field, gamers now have more control over the action before and during the play with intuitive right stick adjustments (improved 2K3 rip-off).

Actually NFL2K2 did have hot blocks(which made the already god-like RB's even better)!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »