Home

Beanie Wells Injured Already

This is a discussion on Beanie Wells Injured Already within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Beanie Wells Injured Already

Didn't really follow him in college (was too busy watching shonn greene power his way to the Walker for us) *that* much, and i dont have an axe to grind with him nor do I really care about an AFC team so I'm not going to try to bag on the guy... Just sayin it doesn't sound like a major injury, or really even much of an injury at all.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I will never understand the NFL's infatuation with taller running backs, they're the ones who end up getting hurt all the time and Beanie gets hurt if there's a strong wind.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Infatuation with tall running backs? Gore is 5'9. Emmitt Smith was 5'9. Barry was 5'8. Dunn is 5'9. LT is 5'10. Westbrook is 5'8. Parker is 5'10. What infatuation are you seeing here?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #20

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Infatuation with tall running backs? Gore is 5'9. Emmitt Smith was 5'9. Barry was 5'8. Dunn is 5'9. LT is 5'10. Westbrook is 5'8. Parker is 5'10. What infatuation are you seeing here?
Yes infatuation, read any scouting report during the draft and you'll see people talking about how running backs need to be above 6 feet.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yes infatuation, read any scouting report during the draft and you'll see people talking about how running backs need to be above 6 feet.
I don't really read scouting reports so you may be right. But if you look at, say, RBs drafted in the first round since 1980:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...l&lg=ANY&type=

Most of them are under 6 feet. So if scouting reports always say you need RBs over 6 feet tall, apparently those doing the drafting aren't reading them either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #22

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
I don't really read scouting reports so you may be right. But if you look at, say, RBs drafted in the first round since 1980:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...l&lg=ANY&type=

Most of them are under 6 feet. So if scouting reports always say you need RBs over 6 feet tall, apparently those doing the drafting aren't reading them either.
That's true and I may just be putting too much stock in what the media says what a running back needs to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »