Home

Jesse Holley

This is a discussion on Jesse Holley within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Jesse Holley

Ya know... The guy that won 4th and long! Did he get any play time in the Cowboys game tonight? How did he do if he did!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Jesse Holley

To be honest, he did line up for a few plays, but the real reserve receiver that made the big impression was rookie Kevin Ogletree as a PR. He went 3 for 28 yards. He's just about set his spot on the 53 man roster. One man, who's now in danger of being cut is #15 Willie Reid. The PR that muffed the punt return last night giving the Raiders the ball on the Cowboys 10. I think he might get cut today. Watch the waiver wires he's likely to be gone.

One WR that had a monster night was Sam Hurd with 79 yards receiving on just 5 catches. He's secured his spot as the #4 WR on the team.

Last edited by bigtxambition; 08-14-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Holley did nothing of consequence. That being said, he has no chance to make the roster. He's by far the lowest guy on the depth chart and not getting the chance to be with the team during training camp REALLY hurts his cause. That being said, he could well be a practice squad player though I'd think the Cowboys would rather stick Ogletree, Manuel Johnson, or Mike Jefferson on the practice squad. I like Holley and he might have a spot in the NFL at the very end of someone's roster, but it won't be in Dallas with other high upside youngsters (Austin, Hurd, Stanback) that the coaching staff clearly really likes.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Yea I watched the game, saw him line up on a few plays. He almost recovered the muffed punt by Reid but other than that nothing special. I am a fan of this guy so I wish him all the best. His big Preseason game will probably be the last game when the starters only play 1 series.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Yea I watched the game, saw him line up on a few plays. He almost recovered the muffed punt by Reid but other than that nothing special. I am a fan of this guy so I wish him all the best. His big Preseason game will probably be the last game when the starters only play 1 series.
I'm not sure he makes it through that many cuts frankly, especially if other players stay healthy. I think the last 3 receivers that will stay on the team for the 5th receiver spot will be Oglesby, Johnson, and Stanback. Stanback probably wins that job as long as he's healthy and they'll try to stash Oglesby on the practice squad and if some other team scoops him up, they will probably do Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

I've always been a big fan of Holley since his time at UNC but he clearly has an uphill battle to climb to make a squad. I'm not sure he'll cut it in the NFL, but I wish him the best.

He still has that 2005 national championship ring at least.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I liked him at UNC as well and thought that his basketball back ground would help him out in the NFL. There is always the UFL that could help him and show he can play.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxambition
To be honest, he did line up for a few plays, but the real reserve receiver that made the big impression was rookie Kevin Ogletree as a PR. He went 3 for 28 yards. He's just about set his spot on the 53 man roster. One man, who's now in danger of being cut is #15 Willie Reid. The PR that muffed the punt return last night giving the Raiders the ball on the Cowboys 10. I think he might get cut today. Watch the waiver wires he's likely to be gone.

One WR that had a monster night was Sam Hurd with 79 yards receiving on just 5 catches. He's secured his spot as the #4 WR on the team.
I really hope you're right; KO is the one guy I want to make the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »