Home

OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC North

This is a discussion on OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC North within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
Rookie

Aimbrogn's Arena

OVR: 4
The Browns are fielding pretty much the same squad that almost made the playoffs in 2007 and I believe that the problem can be attributed to the mismanagement of former head coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Phil Savage. With the exception of drafting Joe Thomas the Browns have drafted poorly and I still think Brady Quinn has something to prove. The Browns were such a painful disapointment last season due to the instability at quarterback, injuries, and the fact that Braylon Edwards could not catch a beach ball if it was tossed to him. I expect the Browns to be a suprise team that could reverse some negative sentiments in Cleveland if they find stability at QB, Jamal Lewis gets more then .5 yards per carry, and if Eric Mangini can do a good job of motivating the team. I think Cleveland is capable of finishing in 3rd place because the Bengals have no offensive line, running game, defense is unproven, and Carson Palmer is coming back from another major injury, and Ocho Cinco is past his prime. The only offensive player I think could stand out is Chris Henry.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC North

That's a lot of if's.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbrogn
The Browns are fielding pretty much the same squad that almost made the playoffs in 2007 and I believe that the problem can be attributed to the mismanagement of former head coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Phil Savage. With the exception of drafting Joe Thomas the Browns have drafted poorly and I still think Brady Quinn has something to prove. The Browns were such a painful disapointment last season due to the instability at quarterback, injuries, and the fact that Braylon Edwards could not catch a beach ball if it was tossed to him. I expect the Browns to be a suprise team that could reverse some negative sentiments in Cleveland if they find stability at QB, Jamal Lewis gets more then .5 yards per carry, and if Eric Mangini can do a good job of motivating the team. I think Cleveland is capable of finishing in 3rd place because the Bengals have no offensive line, running game, defense is unproven, and Carson Palmer is coming back from another major injury, and Ocho Cinco is past his prime. The only offensive player I think could stand out is Chris Henry.
Browns have almost the same team as 2007 while other teams have drastically improved. Take away one of the many lucky wins they got back then and consider the Ravens and Steelers are much better teams (and that's talking about in the division only) and you can see why expecting the same results is a bit of a stretch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Quinn is lucky to have a 71, he's shown absolutely nothing in the NFL or in college, other than showing that he can get wins against bad college teams.
Well, it did take USC an illegal push into the end zone to beat Notre Dame that year.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Well, it did take USC an illegal push into the end zone to beat Notre Dame that year.
That's the closest he got to a marquee win and it was a loss.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Four games against the two best defenses in the NFL, year in and year out... Browns and Bengals are just plain unlucky.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

This list seems good to me. I will say that I think the Bengals could surprise a lot of people this year, even without TJ. Still, barring key injuries, it comes down to a 2 team race yet again. And, if Flacco doesn't have a sophomore slump, the Ravens are very close IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 03:57 AM   #16
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Four games against the two best defenses in the NFL, year in and year out... Browns and Bengals are just plain unlucky.
Agreed kinda feel bad for them.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »