Home

Week 2 NFL Preseason Game Thread

This is a discussion on Week 2 NFL Preseason Game Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #153
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Week 2 NFL Preseason Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Sanchez didn't have a chance. He's not ready for the Ravens D but I think he'll be ready for the start of the season. He looked a lot better than Flacco this time last year. In the 2nd half, Clemens actually made the Ravens secondary look bad. None of the highlight shows are really focusing on it but there were at least 2 (I think 3) bombs he threw that were just straight up dropped. Both teams were bringing the heat all game though... great "real game" type of experiences for all QBs involved, but not very pretty from an offensive stand point.
Uhhhh I think you meant made Frank Walker look bad LOL. Rex knows the weakness he had out there last year and lite him up as soon as he got on the field. Ughhhh, Walker was bad.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #154
Hall Of Fame

From last night what I liked:

Flacco played pretty well. First team offense was pretty good. I think the ILB spot next to Lewis is going to be a battle until the end of the pre-season. I think if McClain can get the D down Gooden is going to have to do everything to keep him off the field. McClain got confused on the TD pass to the back out of the backfield. I think Gooden with his speed could have kept up with the back even amidst the confusion. That's why for McClain it takes him knowing the defense. He can't afford to be out of position and rely on athleticism to make up for it. Anywho, I did like what I saw from McClain on the pass rush though. I also like what I as from Gooden. The only thing I'm concerned about with Gooden is his size. He looked every bit of 218 pounds. He couldn't even get the QB down on the sack. I like both of these guys though.

Frank Walker disgusted me LOL. Straight disgusting. Really didn't get much from Kruger last night. It's good he's getting some reps though. Defense, looked ok, but gave up some runs here and there (I'm talking first team).

Troy Smith looked really bad last night. Really bad.

Ohh almost forgot, looks like Kelly Washington is moving up the WR depth chart. Lots of snaps as the #2 last night and did a pretty good job.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #155
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Uhhhh I think you meant made Frank Walker look bad LOL. Rex knows the weakness he had out there last year and lite him up as soon as he got on the field. Ughhhh, Walker was bad.
lol true. And Smith was really bad too... even when he was just in the huddle calling plays.

That mixup on the TD doesn't happen with Ray on the field (or Ed) so I won't hold it against McClain too much, but since the battle is so close between him and Gooden, he can't afford too many mistakes like that.

On Washington, Williams isn't 100% right? Think Washington got more time so Williams could stay off the field more? He looked ok out there though. I'd like to see Harper get more run with the first team. WTH happened to Smith? I've heard twice that he's done for the season but never heard what happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #156
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
lol true. And Smith was really bad too... even when he was just in the huddle calling plays.

That mixup on the TD doesn't happen with Ray on the field (or Ed) so I won't hold it against McClain too much, but since the battle is so close between him and Gooden, he can't afford too many mistakes like that.

On Washington, Williams isn't 100% right? Think Washington got more time so Williams could stay off the field more? He looked ok out there though. I'd like to see Harper get more run with the first team. WTH happened to Smith? I've heard twice that he's done for the season but never heard what happened.
Yeah DWill isn't 100 % but did play last night so I don't know. As far as Marcus Smith yeah he's done for the season. Torn ACL. Right now I really like our ILB battle though. I think both guys will end up getting a lot of playing time. Also notice the similarities from both defenses last night. Both the Ravens and the Jets were moving into the Bear front but with 3-4 personnel. I actually asked EA to put this exact front in Madden 10 this year for the Ravens and Jets books, but it didn't make the cut. I'm hoping Kruger can start progressing. He looked ok against the run, but rushing the passer he tends to try to overpower the blocker too much and that's not gonna get him to the QB in the NFL until he has had some weight room work.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #157
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Too early to call, but the Packers look super tough.
Aaron Rodgers looks to be a top 5 QB, IMO...which is pretty stunning, considering I thought he was going to be terrible when he came out of Cal.

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »