Home

Better rookie: Stafford or Sanchez

This is a discussion on Better rookie: Stafford or Sanchez within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #17
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Better rookie: Stafford or Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I still don't buy that the Jets are that much better an offense than the Lions are now. The Lions have a top 5 WR, a RB who ran for near 1000 yards starting 12 games on the worst team ever, and a decent TE. Plus, the Lions defense still is pretty bad. He'll be playing from behind alot as a result, which means more passing.

Sanchez has a superior OL, but the Jets WRs are bottom 10 in the league. I'm still not sold on Dustin "The Glorified Slot Receiver" Keller either. Ultimately, Sanchez will probably beat him in the efficiency stats like completion percentage and passer rating just because he'll be managing games.
I can see that. But you pointed out that the Jets offensive line is superior, and I think that will go a long way. If a rookie has tons of pressure in his face besides everything else he has to deal with, it could absolutely kill him. It'll be interesting following these two guys though. One with the OL and question mark receivers and the other with the question mark OL and possibly one of the best receivers in the game. Quite the contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 AM   #18
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

sanchez has 1 good year enters the draft and is titled savior for the jets. Sanchez is very overrated because he had just one good season you know what other "savior" quarterback had 1 good year in usc and left to the nfl?? Todd marinovich thats who. plus matt stafford will be the equivilant of tim couch. a good QB that has a crappy oline.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
sanchez has 1 good year enters the draft and is titled savior for the jets. Sanchez is very overrated because he had just one good season you know what other "savior" quarterback had 1 good year in usc and left to the nfl?? Todd marinovich thats who. plus matt stafford will be the equivilant of tim couch. a good QB that has a crappy oline.
Marinovich had a substance abuse problem and a destructive personality. Marinovich was destined to fail, and the he was no where near the QB Sanchez was in college. Sanchez is also a far far more gifted player physically than Marinovich was.

I think Sanchez will struggle, but he'll be better than Stafford this year on the basis of a superior offensive line, and the fact he won't be asked to do as much. Offensive line has a far bigger impact on the success of a QB, particularly a young QB than the skill players around him.

That and the Jets will be in more games than Detroit and Sanchez won't be asked to do as much.

5 years down the road, I am not sure who will be better, but you could put Dan Marino in his prime in Detroit and he'd struggle, nonetheless a rookie QB.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 27

I just never liked Stafford. He was never special to me. Georgia QB's are historically garbage in the NFL just like Cal (althought Aaron Rodgers may change that), Houston and Florida QB's. They just never pan out at the pro level (except for Fran Tarkenton). Even if Stafford hadn't landed in Detroit I would still have the same feeling.

I think Sanchez may surprise some people.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 08-28-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #21
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

I'll go with Sanchez. Samford didn't really impress me in College, didnt' really see the hype about him. Sanchez will be the dude. But then again USC QB's havent' really pan out
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #22
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Why did it get easier? The other option was Kellen Clemens.
Yeah people seem to forget that when deciding for Sanchez over Clemens, Clemens is nothing special at all. He hasn't proven much more than Sanchez has.

As for who's better Sanchez or Stafford, I really like Stafford regardless of his situation in Detroit, I think he has a very bright future ahead of him. But I can't really comment on Sanchez, since I have my Jets blinders on
Old 08-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #23
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

stafford he just seems like a franchise qb shrugs stuff off cool under pressure has a better arm

sanchez is good too tho

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #24
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I am going to go with Sanchez based on the talent around him. But if both QB's had the same talent around them, I would probably go with Stafford.
This.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »