Home

Florida the state which NFL team owns it?

This is a discussion on Florida the state which NFL team owns it? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #25
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Florida the state which NFL team owns it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Maybe. That could be it. I'm not sure. I haven't lived in Florida for that long so I can't give you an accurate judgement...maybe someone on OS has lived here for years and they can tell us more. But in my opinion, it just seems the culture down here is different from other cities which is why people aren't as loyal or hardcore about their teams. Down here it almost seems like, if the Dolphins or Bucs are horrible, people are just like "whatever" and they go about their day, unlike other cities with more loyal/hardcore fans.

But hey it's only my opinion. I haven't lived here that long. But that's just my opinion of it right now. Maybe someone on OS has lived in Florida for years and they can give us their opinion of it.
My Dad has lived down there for years and he agrees that the Dolphins have the most state-wide fan base. I'd say the Bucs have the more hardcore fan base; I don't know if they've ever had any trouble with ticket sales or revenue. Word in Jacksonville is that all the home games could be blacked out this year; I think the Jags will move on to another city after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #26
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371
My Dad has lived down there for years and he agrees that the Dolphins have the most state-wide fan base. I'd say the Bucs have the more hardcore fan base; I don't know if they've ever had any trouble with ticket sales or revenue. Word in Jacksonville is that all the home games could be blacked out this year; I think the Jags will move on to another city after that.
word around the streets is bucs giving away tickets for free.

Football fans down in the Tampa area must not be all that impressed with the cut-rate product that the Buccaneers are putting out on the field. Apparently ticket sales are so bad this year that they gave away tickets to anyone who showed up at practice. Not a bad deal at all, if you ask me.

http://www.faniq.com/article/Tampa-B...ctices-1773682

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523

Last edited by Tiko7523; 08-29-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #27
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
word around the streets is bucs giving away tickets for free.

Football fans down in the Tampa area must not be all that impressed with the cut-rate product that the Buccaneers are putting out on the field. Apparently ticket sales are so bad this year that they gave away tickets to anyone who showed up at practice. Not a bad deal at all, if you ask me.

http://www.faniq.com/article/Tampa-B...ctices-1773682
Dang I hadn't heard of that, yet. I'd take it, but I'd buy season tickets to Lions games if I lived in Detroit. I guess it's all in the economy, and teams that have historically had trouble are getting the double-whammy.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
Not a bad deal at all, if you ask me.
Its a horrible deal. The Jaguars did the same thing before and now they have a bunch of people who are spoiled and don't want to pay to go to the game. So they said their will be no free handouts this year, you either buy all the tickets or its not on tv.

The Bucs will regret this and it will hurt future sales.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
The Bucs will regret this and it will hurt future sales.
Maybe, maybe not. At the end of the day all that matters is winning and in recent years the Bucs have won a heck of a lot more often than both of the other Florida teams. Don't forget that a mere 6 seasons ago the Bucs were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. The Dolphins haven't done that in 36 years and the Jaguars never have. As long as the Bucs go back to their winning ways in the next season or two, all will be just fine in Tampa.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #30
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Maybe, maybe not. At the end of the day all that matters is winning and in recent years the Bucs have won a heck of a lot more often than both of the other Florida teams. Don't forget that a mere 6 seasons ago the Bucs were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. The Dolphins haven't done that in 36 years and the Jaguars never have. As long as the Bucs go back to their winning ways in the next season or two, all will be just fine in Tampa.
the bucs just seem weird cutting d.brooks like that but i guess theres more to it then we know.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 08-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #31
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Miami Dolphins own Florida the state.

Florida the city, however, is anyone's guess. Hell, Florida the country? Who the **** knows?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Miami Dolphins own Florida the state.

Florida the city, however, is anyone's guess. Hell, Florida the country? Who the **** knows?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »