Home

Matt Schaub must be made out of paper.

This is a discussion on Matt Schaub must be made out of paper. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: Matt Schaub must be made out of paper.

David Carr would like to remind everyone that blocking isn't exactly fundamental in Houston.

And I'm quite sure if a couple of NFL D lineman bumped into you a few times you might want to revauluate the term "FRAGILE".
Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #10
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

The offensive line doesn't suck anymore, and hasnt for like, three years now.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:37 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
The offensive line doesn't suck anymore, and hasnt for like, three years now.
Not "sucking" and being good aren't exactly the same thing.

Going to a zone blocking scheme is a indicator of the coaches calculating limited physical talent and more mentally savy guys. But even at that, Schaub got sacked 16 times last year in the reduced time (11 games) he was on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

While he is a bit injury prone...That piece of **** Jared Allen gave him such a cheap shot, any QB would've been out for an extended period of time.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
Conventional wisdom suggests they should simply draft a Qb with their first pick next year(Sam or Colt) to push him to work harder to stay on the field. You name me one injury prone Super Bowl Qb? Not knocking Matt because I thought he was good back in Atlanta, I just think it is time for this team to start over again with a new coach and a new direction. One last thing, why does Kubiack continue to put not only his rep at risk but his job security with injury prone players? You've invested in injury prone players, too many to list, at the runningback position(Brown,Ahman Green , Arian Foster, Jerimiah Johnson,Chris Taylor,Samkon Gado, and on and on) Poor choices at when,where,and which defensive players to sign. For Houston's sake I hope Kube's can make sense of the years spent leaving fans scratching their heads.
If you draft a quarterback you are setting your team back by at least two years while he develops unless you get lucky and get a Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. Even with a guy like that the offense becomes limited. If you keep Schaub and your drafted QB, it's potentially a wasted draft pick if Schaub begins to flourish as that draft pick could have instead been something else; a better OL, another weapon on offense in addition to Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and Steve Slaton, an upgrade on defense, or so forth.

Kubiak, Schaub, and this current group of players have at least a two-year window before major changes should be made, IMO. If they develop a bit, and Schaub can stay on the field, this team could be scary.

I still don't quite understand why this notion that the Texans are already done is coming up in the first place. It's the preseason.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
If you draft a quarterback you are setting your team back by at least two years while he develops unless you get lucky and get a Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. Even with a guy like that the offense becomes limited. If you keep Schaub and your drafted QB, it's potentially a wasted draft pick if Schaub begins to flourish as that draft pick could have instead been something else; a better OL, another weapon on offense in addition to Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and Steve Slaton, an upgrade on defense, or so forth.

Kubiak, Schaub, and this current group of players have at least a two-year window before major changes should be made, IMO. If they develop a bit, and Schaub can stay on the field, this team could be scary.

I still don't quite understand why this notion that the Texans are already done is coming up in the first place. It's the preseason.
Not necessarily. The Bolts did it with Brees and Rivers. I could see them drafting a QB and actually giving him a couple of years to learn the NFL game before throwing him out there (seems to be working pretty well for Rodgers too). If Shaub ever proves to be the real deal then they shouldn't have a problem trading him. I think it depends on where they end up drafting though. I don't think they should trade up to get a QB and they do still have other areas that can be addressed.

I don't think the Texans are done, btw... but I don't see them as a playoff team and the powers that be are getting impatient.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 11

Schaub is quite injury prone yes, he was injured his senior year at Virginia and many felt at the time that it was the only reason he was taken in round 3 instead of round 1 of the draft.

The Texans O-line has actually been pretty stable as a unit for a few seasons now. I think this is the 1st time in franchise history all 5 starters will be returning from last year, all 5 starters also started all 16 games last season too. They say they are coming together as a unit and they expect big things out of themselves this year and franchise and the city do too.

Speaking of cheap shots, did you see this BS move Favre pulled on Eugene Wilson? Even Tirico was like 'not cool man, not cool'.

Last edited by texans; 09-01-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans

Speaking of cheap shots, did you see this BS move Farve pulled on Eugene Wilson? Even Gruden was like 'not cool man, not cool'.
Probably learned it from Allen.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »