Home

Favourite team that never won a championship?

This is a discussion on Favourite team that never won a championship? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #25
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Favourite team that never won a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayTxiv
98 Vikings. The greatest offense ever. Damn Gary Anderson, can make everything except the one that counted.
I forgot about that team. Yeah, they were VERY entertaining to watch and they were a damn explosive team that actually played some pretty good defense as well IIRC. You can blame Anderson all you want but really Denny Green should be the one blamed for it. He coached scared late in the 4th quarter and got all conservative which eventually led to their demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
1992 Houston Oilers.

Run & Shoot all day until they went conservative and let Frank Reich take over.
I wouldn't say they went "all conservative" they were still throwing the ball a bit in the 3rd quarter. What happened IMO is that they got too full of themselves and put their feet off the pedal mentally. I also think the missed call on Don Beebe's TD changed the complexion of the game. If the refs had called him out of bounds I think the Bills probably still would've scored but it wouldn't have been such a backbreaker for the Oilers.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

2005 Colts. We were literally bound for the Super Bowl that year. Everything was layed out perfectly. Our offense was still the best offense in the league, and our defense had finally arrived. We were a complete team that year, started out 13-0. Not to mention, the SB was in Detroit, in a dome, turf, etc. Perfect for the Colts. And we were a number 1 seed, didn't have to travel to New England and get spanked again. But no, the Steelers had to come in a hand it to us, at home. I still can't believe it. I remember watching Nick Harper running down the field after The Bus fumbled it...omg, and then Big Ben tackled him. F*** THAT!!!!! I remember saying "ITS A FREAKING MIRACLE!!!" At the time, it was. Until Peyton set up Vanderjagt for like a 49 yard field goal, or something close to that, and he missed by a mile. It seriously wasn't even close. I have yet to see a field goal miss by that much, ever. It's like there was wind in the dome, and the wind carried the ball to the right that far. It was insane how badly he missed it. That was a great team and I'll never forget it. Oh well, we won the SB the year after, but we could've had two SB's. Godddddd Big Ben i hate you, and you to Vanderjagt.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 09-03-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

83-86 Dolphins. It's damn unfortunate that when Marino was given the best teams he would ever get, he was too young and mentally immature to really accomplish anything. Some of the Fins teams from early this decade could've made the Super Bowl if it weren't for the ****ing Pats and our total lack of a competent QB. Whoever said that all you need to win is a good defense and running game was a fool.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #28
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
83-86 Dolphins. It's damn unfortunate that when Marino was given the best teams he would ever get, he was too young and mentally immature to really accomplish anything. Some of the Fins teams from early this decade could've made the Super Bowl if it weren't for the ****ing Pats and our total lack of a competent QB. Whoever said that all you need to win is a good defense and running game was a fool.
I think if the Dolphins had faced the Bears instead of the Niners in '84 they would've won the SB that year. They also had a couple good chances in the early/mid '90s as well but either got upset (San Diego) or got killed by the Bills.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

It's a tie between The Chargers 1960 - 1962, 1964 - 2008.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #30
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
It's a tie between The Chargers 1960 - 1962, 1964 - 2008.
How old are you?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Chiefs at three different times. 93 Chiefs just for the sheer fact we came so close who knew be the last time we win a playoff game. 95 team had a awesome defense but had a idiot kicker from Dallas. The 97 was the best team they ever had ranked 5ith in offense first in defense. Talk about the 97 team to a Chiefs fan you might see a tear swell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #32
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Because this is a personal question I suppose it is okay to be a homer. So with that said, I'll take the '06 Bears. That team was just so good. Really. If Grossman was on a good day, we couldn't lose. If Grossman had a bad day, we usually still won. I don't think I've ever seen a defense so electrifying. They played as a unit, and they were always around the ball. Then you add in the best special teams in the NFL with the emergence of Hester and Gould... wow, just wow.

The season made us seem destined to win it all. First the comeback in Arizona, which was symbolic because it was a typical game for the season, won completely by the defense and special teams. Even after losing to Miami and getting completely dominated by Jason Taylor, it felt like we could win it all. Then the playoffs, first with the OT win in Seattle and the kick by Gould. Then when the Saints came to town... We were close the whole game and then we completely blew up in the 4th quarter. It was a great ride all the way to the Super Bowl. When Devin Hester ran back the opening kick against the Colts I was literally jumping for joy. It's too bad it ended the way it did.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »