Home

Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson

This is a discussion on Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson

Never was moved by LT as I am by watching AP. LT is a good back, and catches the ball better, but, I never saw the same raw talent, speed, and hunger that I see from AP.
It's funny, though. Sometimes I can just tell certain players who are a little too arrogant. LT always struck me as being that way. Hell, I'd take Chris Johnson, MJD, and maybe Marion Barber over LT, ATM-all who will surpass him quickly. He just doesn't run hard enough. Instead of seeing him stay hungry, and improve, he decides to simply throw jabs at the new kid. SMH
Old 09-03-2009, 03:43 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

[quote=BlueNGold;2040123895]How could you lose respect for LT because he said he thinks he's better? If you were in LT's position wouldn't you say the same? It's not like he said Adrian sucks or is a horrible RB.[/quote

Here is what he said.

[Here’s what Tomlinson told the L.A. Times: ”Jim Brown was telling Peterson he’s the best runner he’d seen in a long time. I was sitting there reading it thinking, ‘Wow.’ The difference with me is you can put me out on that field and there will be nothing I can’t do. I won’t have to come off the field. Adrian has to come off sometimes on third down. Running routes, he’s still not there yet. Great downhill runner, powerful, fast, all that stuff. … But anything on that field you want me to do — throw it, block — I can do it. That’s what I pride myself on is not having any weaknesses. And that’s what makes me the best back.”]

I don't see AD telling the media LT is not that great cause he can't come through in the playoffs. He can think he is the best running back, but to go out and tell the media about AD's weaknesses is going to far. Have you guys read the article with Brown and Peterson? Its a good read. Cam out like a month or 2 ago.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayTxiv
Here is what he said.

[Here’s what Tomlinson told the L.A. Times: ”Jim Brown was telling Peterson he’s the best runner he’d seen in a long time. I was sitting there reading it thinking, ‘Wow.’ The difference with me is you can put me out on that field and there will be nothing I can’t do. I won’t have to come off the field. Adrian has to come off sometimes on third down. Running routes, he’s still not there yet. Great downhill runner, powerful, fast, all that stuff. … But anything on that field you want me to do — throw it, block — I can do it. That’s what I pride myself on is not having any weaknesses. And that’s what makes me the best back.”]

I don't see AD telling the media LT is not that great cause he can't come through in the playoffs. He can think he is the best running back, but to go out and tell the media about AD's weaknesses is going to far. Have you guys read the article with Brown and Peterson? Its a good read. Cam out like a month or 2 ago.
Umm..LT didn't say AD is "not that great". He said he's a great downhill runner, powerful and fast. LT is right. Adrian isn't there yet in terms of pass catching and blocking and LT does all of those things great. I think LT was talking about Adrian coming off on third downs because of his blocking/catching but if he was talking about stamina then I disagree about that because LT comes off the field plenty of times during the game. It is more to keep him fresh for the 4th quarter though.

And LT not coming through in the Playoffs? The one playoff game he was healthy ('06 vs. Pats) he had over 100 yards rushing and 2 TDs. He was injured in every one of those Playoff games except the one against the Jets back in '04 I think it was and that game against the Pats in '06, a game which they would have won if it wasn't for Marlon McCree fumbling an INT.

I think people are a little quick to forget the LT from 2006 who scored 28 TDs or the LT that's had 50+ catches every season, and every year of his career has had double digit rushing TDs and rushed for over 1000 yards every year. Plus he's missed only 1 game in the regular season but that's obviously rubbed off in the Playoffs since he been injured almost every Playoff game.

And about taking MJD, MBIII and CJ all over LT? Hell no.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Never was moved by LT as I am by watching AP. LT is a good back, and catches the ball better, but, I never saw the same raw talent, speed, and hunger that I see from AP.
It's funny, though. Sometimes I can just tell certain players who are a little too arrogant. LT always struck me as being that way. Hell, I'd take Chris Johnson, MJD, and maybe Marion Barber over LT, ATM-all who will surpass him quickly. He just doesn't run hard enough. Instead of seeing him stay hungry, and improve, he decides to simply throw jabs at the new kid. SMH
I seriously, seriously, doubt Chris Johnson, MJD, or especially Marion Barber, "surpass" LT at all. Let alone surpass him quickly.

When has LT not "run hard"? Are you saying he's soft or something?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:30 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Not an exciting runner? Maybe it's because no one can get a hand on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satATTGOppY

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times a guy gets a hand on him or even a decent hit.

Look at 1:23 and tell me how many guys can make that play. Not many.

And not hungry? How could he not be hungry when he hasn't won a Super Bowl? Plus the fact he's said himself he wants to get the all time rushing record.

EDIT: Someone wanna teach me to embed? Lol.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 09-03-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Don't know how to embed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 17

The guy was far and away the best RB in football for about 5 years, no one else could touch him. So in order to surpass him, you'd have to be that guy. Who in football truly looks like that guy? Maybe AP, if he doesn't suffer injuries. I really don't see a Chris Johnson becoming best RB in the game kind of good.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:46 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is from my post from an earlier thread about the best back in the league. I still stand by this post.

[My top 5 and why(This is for this year)

1. "All Day"
-best combination of speed, power, and vision I've seen in a long time
-very elusive and has a great power game
-needs to improve in passing situations to be a 3 down back

2. Ladainian Tomlinson
-more of a quick elusive back, good speed, good hands, workhorse
-not as explosive as AD, but is very solid in passing game
-can't really break the long one anymore

3. Michael (The Burner) Turner
-second hardest back to bring down(B.Jacobs)
-has great speed and break away burst for a big back
-great goal line back, but needs to improve in passing situations

4. DeAngelo Williams
-very hard to tackle and has great break away speed
-similiar to a young LT, but LT was a full time back

5. Clinton Portis
-has been one of the best backs since he arrived in the NFL
-good vision and speed
-is an every down back
-stats haven't been as good since leaving Denver]
Old 09-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Yeah I'd agree with pretty much all of that. Except maybe the DeAngelo Williams/Young LT thing. I wouldn't be able to say for sure because I don't watch Carolina that much.

I think for this year we'll see LT back to breaking those long runs now that he's running on a healthy toe.

I agree with you too steelcurtain. IMO, none of those RBs LAKE named will be as good as LT. MJD probably has the best chance but Marion Barber is just as "injury prone" as people say LT is now and Chris Johnson hasn't proved he can be a workhorse RB in the NFL yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »