Home

Week 1: Colts vs Jaguars

This is a discussion on Week 1: Colts vs Jaguars within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Week 1: Colts vs Jaguars

My thoughts:

-the D looked solid aside from still not figuring out how to defend draw plays. If that D performance is an indication of what they'll do all season then I am happy.

-Coyer is already better than Meeks with actually grasping that if you blitz you have a better chance at success. Not hard to see this since all the top Ds blitz a lot.

-the pass game looked good aside from the stupid forced INT. I am not happy about Gonzo getting injured though. Only Indy can have multiple guys get injured without being hit as either hayden or Jackson busted up their knee in practice either walking or running.

-I didn't like Peyton locking onto Reggie so much and hope that won't be a common theme this season because if so, he'll throw a lot of picks. I'm sure though that he'll start to get more confidence in Garcon/Collie when they get more confidence in being out there as well.

-the run game seemed no better than last year which is a huge concern. It was downright pathetic and if that was a sign of things to come then this team will sadly probably go nowhere again since you won't win a SB with simply relying on the pass. That it hasn't improved is pretty sickening. Seems clear they need some new OL guys who don't suck.

-I am loving the new punter. McAfee seems to do what Smith couldn't which is get hang time and not out-kick the coverage.

-I liked caldwell being aggressive not the conservative crap Dungy continually pulled.

All in all I think there is some good promise to Indy this season but that run game really needs to do something useful.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
-I liked caldwell being aggressive not the conservative crap Dungy continually pulled.
That's what I wanted to hear. I couldn't watch the game as I live in Florida and don't have the NFL Ticket(might be getting it soon!). I can't wait for the next two weeks though as the Colts will be on MNF next Monday and SNF next Sunday. Anyway, that was one thing I was waiting to see from Caldwell, if he was more aggressive or if he was Mr. Conservative like Dungy. I really like that he's more aggressive, I think that's a good thing for us. I hated how Dungy was so conservative, we could've won so many more games if we were just more aggressive.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
That's what I wanted to hear. I couldn't watch the game as I live in Florida and don't have the NFL Ticket(might be getting it soon!).
watch whatever game you want....

http://www.atdhe.net/
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »