Home

The legend of Big Ben Grows

This is a discussion on The legend of Big Ben Grows within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #121
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The legend of Big Ben Grows

Just out of curiosity mKoz, how many QB's in the league do you consider better than Big Ben?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #122
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Honestly, I'm not around as much anymore as I used to be...and in this regard, I'm simply responding to tripwire's questions about what has happened to OS. You bring up a good point about the ignore feature. I used to have 0 people on mine and now I have nearly 20 people. I suppose I wish for the old days when it felt more like a family where we all could discuss topics and not always agree, but at least respected the other person's opinion. That's gone out the window in the last few years... It seems mny are trying to "1 up" the other person and instead of debating the topic, they're debating the person and trying to make them look foolish. This thread is a perfect example of that.

I suppose the age difference between most of the posters and myself has grown so much that it's a different World to me. For some I guess OS is a home and a huge part of their life... Now that I'm in my 30's, I guess that part of my life has passed. Now I'm more concered with my wife/family, building a new house, working etc...

I hear ya on that one. I used to think the "Ignore" feature was unnecessary but now consider it a God-send. Most topics just turn into people fishing for arguments these days with the problem being everyone thinks they're good at debating. I mean really, a huge topic where people are arguing whether a 77% passing performance was "sloppy" or not? Count me out.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #123
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Just out of curiosity mKoz, how many QB's in the league do you consider better than Big Ben?
Not many.

Manning, Brady, Brees, maybe Warner, maybe Rodgers. I'd put him in a tier with Warner and Rodgers.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #124
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I feel you mKoz. I was assuming that you were going to say that he was not a top ten quarterback or something along those lines. Ya know what they say about assuming though.

I can respect your opinion.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Ben's never carried his team to victory? Right.

This is so stupid. You're saying a guy isn't elite, good, whatever, when he's A) Won 2 SB rings. B) Plays behind a horrible offensive line, yet still wins games on offense. C) Has more comeback/gamewinning drives than any QB in the league, since he entered the league. D) Has put up elite stats before.

So, stats? Check. SB ring(s)? Check. Ability to win games in any situation as in, no running game, defense gives up lead, playing against great defenses, etc. Check.

The original knock was "Ben is carried by his running game, once he has to throw he sucks." He proved that one wrong. Now it's "His defense carries him" which is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We should just discredit QB's now, because they play on a good team. So we sit here and do these dumb hypothetical theories of "Take Brees away from the Saints and they suck, so therefore Ben isn't as good"....more like Ben isn't as IMPORTANT as Brees/Peyton. Because the Rooneys build good football teams. Would the Steelers still be okay without Ben? Probably. Would they make the playoffs? Possibly. Would they win playoff games/Superbowls? No. They wouldn't win as many regular season games either. He is the IT factor in their success.

You're blasting a guy for playing on a good team, and being in an offense that doesn't want to throw the ball 30 times a game. Did you ever think that maybe part of the reason that teams like the Saints and Colts don't win SB's is because they rely on their QB too much? While they're busy putting up their fantasy stats to keep them in games, their team is losing. But since they put up fantasy stats on bad teams, I guess that makes them elite. When did the Colts win a SB? When they took the ball out of Peyton's hand, ran it with Addai, played good defense. That would mean Peyton isn't elite though, if his team contributes to his success, according to the logic in this thread.

So like I said, people did this same act with Brady for all of those years when he was winning SB's. The whole "I'll take Peyton any day of the week because he has the stats" argument. I'm not surprised to see it now, with Ben.
I have yet to say Big Ben is not good. He's clearly a top 10 QB. I just think he's overrated. That's all I'm saying.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 11

Big Ben is a great QB,..but if I were him I would stay way from ordering room service forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »