Home

Week 2:St.Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins

This is a discussion on Week 2:St.Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Week 2:St.Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins

That is why it's a trap game, if we have the talent to "run the score up" then we should. You can't go conservative agianst a teamt that almost to a man you are more talented than.

Look at the Giants game, despite playing as poorly as the skins did it was a 6 point game with 1:30 left, the skins recover the onside kick.....? You have to put bad teams away, and put them away early. Letting St. Louis hang around is how you lose games to teams that you are suppose to beat.

Make no mistake this is a trap game. If the skins win this game 17-13 we are gonna be in for a long season. Honestly we should be 5-1 on October 19th anything else is unacceptable. Our schedule is way soft from now till the Eagles game on Monday night.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
That is why it's a trap game, if we have the talent to "run the score up" then we should. You can't go conservative agianst a teamt that almost to a man you are more talented than.

Look at the Giants game, despite playing as poorly as the skins did it was a 6 point game with 1:30 left, the skins recover the onside kick.....? You have to put bad teams away, and put them away early. Letting St. Louis hang around is how you lose games to teams that you are suppose to beat.

Make no mistake this is a trap game. If the skins win this game 17-13 we are gonna be in for a long season. Honestly we should be 5-1 on October 19th anything else is unacceptable. Our schedule is way soft from now till the Eagles game on Monday night.
No, a trap game is when you go in feeling overly confident after a series of wins vs a percieved lesser opponent. Usually they're nestled in-between big games but there isn't a game behind this one to look forward to as a big game.

I think 5-1 would be ideal but I don't see it. More like 4-2 IMO because we'll lose one game we shouldn't, like we always do.

I don't know too much about St. Louis other than their line sucks, Sjax is their only weapon, and Bulger is always banged up. We do need to get rid of this bad taste.

I hate reading the paper the week the Skins lose. So much doom and negativity in this town.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

This is not a trap game. If anything the last thing ya'll need to be worried about is what ya'll should be by the time your bye week rolls around because as we know in this town, ESPECIALLY this town, nothing is a cake walk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #12
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I've got no choice but to watch this game...no DirectTV. So hopefully I'm treated to an upset. I'll also be rooting for S-Jax given I need his production in fantasy football.

Let's go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...remember the D-Coord. of the Giants...He's the HC of the Rams.

He knows your team.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I've got no choice but to watch this game...no DirectTV. So hopefully I'm treated to an upset. I'll also be rooting for S-Jax given I need his production in fantasy football.

Let's go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...remember the D-Coord. of the Giants...He's the HC of the Rams.

He knows your team.
Shouldn't you be off worrying if McNabb will play and the Saints.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Old 09-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
Shouldn't you be off worrying if McNabb will play and the Saints.
Worrying is for wimps.

I'm not worried.

The Eagles are a football team, and we've had McNabb injured before and pulled through.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't think this is a trap game. The Redskins haven't played well enough for this to be a trap game. If this was the Eagles or Giants, teams with consistent success, then I would call this a trap game. Both teams are coming off of loses, and are out to prove something. I expect the Rams to play hard as well as the Skins. On paper, yes the Redskins should win hands down, but the game is settled on the field......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #16
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
No, a trap game is when you go in feeling overly confident after a series of wins vs a percieved lesser opponent. Usually they're nestled in-between big games but there isn't a game behind this one to look forward to as a big game.

I think 5-1 would be ideal but I don't see it. More like 4-2 IMO because we'll lose one game we shouldn't, like we always do.

I don't know too much about St. Louis other than their line sucks, Sjax is their only weapon, and Bulger is always banged up. We do need to get rid of this bad taste.

I hate reading the paper the week the Skins lose. So much doom and negativity in this town.
Okay fine you don't want to call it a trap game, we can agree to disagree, but this is a must win game early in the season.

Assuming that all the talking head are right and we are between a 6-10 to a 9-7 team, looking a the schedule the next 5 games are clearly game that the skins will be favored to win. Then there is the Raider game. That will get you to 6 wins right there. You still have the rest of the NFC East all tough games. The Falcons, Saints, Chargers and Broncos. Winning the games that you are suppose to win is the mark of a good team, they can be ugly but you have to win those games (See Both MNF games.) Good teams don't lose to lesser teams. We failed to put the Rams away last year and it bit us at the end of the game. I see why you would say this isn't a trap game, but 0-2 isn't the way to start a season when 5 of your first 6 games are all games that you should win.

Hell KC got Dominated by Baltimore and they were still in that game late in the 4th quarter. I'm sure that they will have improved significantly over the next 5 weeks.

I guess I'm just frustrated and while it's way to early to start panicking I want/need to see the skins dominate a lesser team, especially at home. I just have no faith in Zorn's ability to call plays. The G-men dressed three CB and 6 DB's total and we still didn't attack them through the air.

It's all good it is a new week and hope springs eternal.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »