Home

Week 2: Saints @ Eagles

This is a discussion on Week 2: Saints @ Eagles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Week 2: Saints @ Eagles

McNabb is likely out, although nothing official has been made yet.

Enter Jeff Garcia, who in two games vs the Saints in 2006, his only year as an Eagle, Philadelphia lost 27-24 in both contests (the 2nd matchup a divisional playoff loss).

Afte '06 Garcia left Philly and onto Tampa where in 2007 he led the Bucs to 2 victories over Nawlins, and one more in 2008.

In 2006 the Saints used Duece McAllister to control the clock against Philly in both contests.

There was a different run defense then ('06), then there is now('09), and by all accounts Nawlins has regressed in the run game (Mike Bell will not go for 100+ against the Eagles), Pierre Thomas may or may not go, and Reggie Bush...eh.

This should be a hard fought battle w/ Nawlins nevertheless as they boast a PREMIERE passing attack.

...but not so fast....

Philadelphia boasts a PREMIERE secondary, and a formiddable pass rush.

Sunday can't come soon enough.

Discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Week2: Saints @ Eagles

This is a nice matchup. It's a shame McNabb is hurt.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

If McNabb is out, then NO will win by 9.5+ points. NO's offensive line IMO is one of the best in the league and will give enough time for Brees to pick apart the PHI's Defense.

Brees will likely have 3-4 TDs and maybe 1-2 INTs.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

The Eagles won't have Jake Delhomme throwing the ball to them so they won't get all those receivers and the Saints not only have great receivers but a fullback who can catch and run, a tight end who can out run linebackers, and running backs who are great at catching the ball out of the backfield. I don't know where you got the idea that the Saints regressed at running the ball. Last year they barely ran until late in the season and once they did they had success at it and going by the only things you can judge this early(preseason and the first game), they were able to run the ball.

The Eagles do have a great defense though and this is probably the only real test in the first four games for the Saints.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
If McNabb is out, then NO will win by 9.5+ points. NO's offensive line IMO is one of the best in the league and will give enough time for Brees to pick apart the PHI's Defense.

Brees will likely have 3-4 TDs and maybe 1-2 INTs.
Not only is the offensive line good but Drew is great at moving around in the pocket and gets rid of the ball fast, which is why he was only sacked 13 times last year.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

It is a shame McNabb got injured as this would have been a great game early on. It obviously still might be but without him it loses a bit of class.

I despise Vick so with them signing him I have gone form a casual eagles fan to wanting them to be horrible and because of that, I want the Saints to win and win big.

I hope Brees has another monster game and breaks the TD and yards record. I am sick of Brady owning that td record with how he got it so it'd be fitting if Brees broke it vs better teams and not having to run the score up each game to do so.

The end of the Saints/Lions game shows the difference in the two organizations- if that were NE and Brady had the easy shot at tying the single game record of 7, he'd have been kept in.

Note this is not a knock on Brady as he just does what he's told to do.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
The Eagles won't have Jake Delhomme throwing the ball to them so they won't get all those receivers and the Saints not only have great receivers but a fullback who can catch and run, a tight end who can out run linebackers, and running backs who are great at catching the ball out of the backfield. I don't know where you got the idea that the Saints regressed at running the ball. Last year they barely ran until late in the season and once they did they had success at it and going by the only things you can judge this early(preseason and the first game), they were able to run the ball.

The Eagles do have a great defense though and this is probably the only real test in the first four games for the Saints.
The Eagles have all those things you said, and a better defense.

Given our QB situation our defense will have to be on top its game so we don't get into a shootout...because the Saints will win if that's the case.

As far as "regressed"...Mike Bell doesn't get off on our D for a 100+ like he did to a porous Lions run-D. Come on man...you've got to be sensical about that.

Pierre Thomas hasn't been cleared to play, and Bush was 7/14 running against DETROIT.

Since you mentioned preseason I looked at who you faced...there was one BIG running game, and that came against a porous Oakland rush D. You couldn't do squat against Houston, not much against Cincy, and not much against Miami.

You HAVEN'T FACED a rush defense yet lol...let's be real.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Icon10 Re: Week2: Saints @ Eagles

Vs. Detroit Drew Brees' PVO (Player vs Opponent):

+23.6

@ Philly Drew Brees' PVO (Player vs Opponent):

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »