Home

Los Angeles Cowboys?

This is a discussion on Los Angeles Cowboys? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #33
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Los Angeles Cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
OMG. I got one of the party passes and figured they sold about 5-10k of them for the game, not 18,000. I had planned on being in line at noon, might need to be sooner
Hey Ollie! Would love to hear your impressions of the "party pass" experience. Does it just give you access to a platform? No seats, just a bunch of HDTVs' or cram up to the front of the platform?

Let us/me know.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #34
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Hey Ollie! Would love to hear your impressions of the "party pass" experience. Does it just give you access to a platform? No seats, just a bunch of HDTVs' or cram up to the front of the platform?

Let us/me know.
I will. I think future experiences will be better then this one. Word is they have sold 30,000 not 18,000 of them for this game. I am going to be in line by 11-12 and I hope that is early enough. You get access to the decks in the endzones, there is 6 total, but to see the field you have to be pretty close to the railing.

and the reason people thought it was going to be blacked out is because the Cowboys released 1,200 tickets this week, but since some of them are tickets the Giants returned it doesn't matter.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I wasn't talking about who paid what. I was talking about how he got the land to build the stadium. They acquired property that was owned by residents and small businesses in Arlington so they could build they're precious stadium. So basically, they forced hundreds of hard working Americans out of their own homes so they could Cowboy Stadium. So now you have homeless people running around because of Jerry Jones.
From what I read the people renting homes in the area got $5,000 and the people that owned homes got $22,000 plus "fair market value". Eminent domain sucks but its necessary and they took advantage of it. But no reason for these people to be homeless with that kind of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #36
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Jerry paid $750 million of the stadium price himself. Arlington is paying the other $250 million. You've got your facts wrong.
Yes, and the NFL paid $150 million as per NFL rules governing new stadiums.

Quote:
I wasn't talking about who paid what. I was talking about how he got the land to build the stadium. They acquired property that was owned by residents and small businesses in Arlington so they could build they're precious stadium. So basically, they forced hundreds of hard working Americans out of their own homes so they could Cowboy Stadium. So now you have homeless people running around because of Jerry Jones.
Over exaggeration much? Truth be told I believe they are entitled to offer far higher than market value for said properties. I recall an article a couple years back when they were buying up the last bit of land that one woman who was holding out was being offered $1mil+ for property appraised at $300k, that to me doesn't seem like money that would put me on the street. Yes, getting the land probably involved hassling and such but it's not like cities don't do it all the time. Parks, highways, roads, sidewalks, etc anything that the city wants the city gets so it's not like Dallas or Jones has done anything that any other city hasn't done.

But honestly, I do agree that ticket prices & costs of games have gotten far out of hand for the common man. It seems like it takes a whole vacations worth of budgeting in order to attend any game at any level. I mean, for $4k that it takes to get a nice seat, food & parking at a pro football game I can go with my lady to Jamaica. But this won't change until the taxpayers and consumers step up, until then, we'll continue to shell out ridiculous money.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #37
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Please stop talking because you don't know the facts. A ridiculous amount of money was paid to the home owners and renters(most of the people living their were renting). Plus, that entire area was a slum and still the areas around the stadium are ghetto.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Please stop talking because you don't know the facts. A ridiculous amount of money was paid to the home owners and renters(most of the people living their were renting). Plus, that entire area was a slum and still the areas around the stadium are ghetto.
Show me proof where those people got a "ridiculous amount of money." Do you know what eminent domain is? Sure they do get money, but it's usually NOWHERE NEAR the amount that the property is actually worth. Cities do this crap all the time, they don't care about anyone, they care about themselves and they just want to make money. So they just take peoples homes and they give them an amount of money that they see fit, but it's hardly even close to what the property is actually worth. Home owners usually get ripped off big time when this crap happens, and that's why you're seeing lawsuits in Arlington because of this.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #39
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

And I'm sure Lucus Oil Arena didn't displace a single person in its bid to get rectified?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #40
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
And I'm sure Lucus Oil Arena didn't displace a single person in its bid to get rectified?
I don't exactly know, but I believe most, if not all, of the land used was parking lot space for RCA dome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »