Home

Week 3: Steelers @ Bengals

This is a discussion on Week 3: Steelers @ Bengals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Week 3: Steelers @ Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
I think the Bengals will be geeked-up for this game and pull it out. Low scoring. Won't win by much.
Agreed. I think the Bengals win this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
and ONE BIG THING TO BE AWARE OF:

keith rivers and (former teammate) Rey Maualuga will be looking for hines ward
Ehhh.... Hines is hunted every game he plays. If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals had a chance to get back at Hines last year and nothing ever happened (or I might be thinking about another game where Hines KO'd someone).
Old 09-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
I think the Bengals win this one. I kno i kno thats shocking lol. But the Steelers havent looked sharp this year, if Jay Cutler and his passing game can beat the steerlers the Bengals will tear them up. Without Polumalu i expect Chris Henry and Coles to have a big game while the attention is on Ocho Cinco.
Just ignoring that Steelers pass rush, are we? Coles and Henry can't catch the ball if Carson is on his back half of the time. The Steelers logged seven sacks in the first game against Cincy last year.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Ehhh.... Hines is hunted every game he plays. If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals had a chance to get back at Hines last year and nothing ever happened (or I might be thinking about another game where Hines KO'd someone).
No, you're right. The Bengals played in Pittsburgh on a Thursday night, I think, later in the season. It snowed for most of the game. Bengals scored a TD right away and did nothing the rest of the game except show their ineptitude on offense.

And, yeah, the Bengals did nothing as far as revenge that game. This week, Rivers, Maualuga, and whoever else they've asked on the Bengals about the Ward hit last season, have said all of the right things and have the right attitude about it. You start getting angry or worried about doing that stuff, you start making mistakes. They've moved on. The media and some fans have not. I just want them to play tough, physical football against the Steelers. They've been soft and intimidated by them every time they've faced them since that playoff game. Go out there and smack 'em in the mouth! You don't have to break a guy's jaw or blow out his knee. Just hit 'em hard. Let them know you're going to be there all game and will be in the hunt for the division title all season.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Not having Polamalu for this game won't be nearly as huge as it was against Cutler. Palmer has dropped off over the years and the Bengals don't have the offensive line the Bears do. The Steelers are gonna get all kinds of pressure on Palmer. Steelers win by 10+, but it'll be close for a while.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't know why people say Palmer's dropped off. He was hurt, and therefore not playing. I'd take Palmer over Cutler 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. I'd take 85, Coles and Henry over Hester, Knox and Olsen too.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah Palmer is still shaking the rust out, he will be fine. He is a solid QB if anyone expected him to put up great numbers coming off his injury they are dead wrong.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 55

Pittsburgh should be able to run on Cincy after two terrible performances on the ground. On the other end, Benson and the Bengals should be bottled up fairly well, if not completely shut down.

I really really really want to see James Harrison break out and sack Palmer a couple of times. Cincinnati doesn't have a proven LT.. or entire OL for that matter.

Roy Williams could be the key for the Bengals in stopping the run against the Steelers.

Big Ben is STILL undefeated against Ohio football teams as a pro. I don't think it ends in this game... but it might end this season. I think if anyone beats Pitt for Cincy it'll be Palmer. He is still a premier talent at QB. If he gets in a groove.. look out.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Steelers 27
Bengals 13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »