Home

Week 3: Steelers @ Bengals

This is a discussion on Week 3: Steelers @ Bengals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Week 3: Steelers @ Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
And I don't see why any Steelers fan is already getting discouraged. There's still 14 more weeks to go and a lot is going to happen.
Very true, look at what happened after the loss to the Eagles in the beginning of the season last year.

But this one is different. For one thing, its a division game to the Bengals. I don't care how much better they've gotten, the Steelers don't lose to the Bengals. Ever. The discouraging thing was seeing the offense just shut down in the second half and in the fourth quarter particularly and seeing the Bengals offense go right down the field TWICE on the defense in the fourth quarter after they held them to only about 100 yards offense through the first three quarters.

The loss to the Bears was much less discouraging then this week's loss. It was an NFC game for one thing and the team didn't just shut down completely.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

Also: Limas Sweed is ****ing horrible.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 21

Seeing the Steelers get driven on late has been disappointing. Just seems like the defense doesn't have that swagger of last year. As a fan I'm not discouraged, just mad we lost games we could've easily won. At least the offense is showing some signs of being dangerous. Looks like I'll have to do the unthinkable and... ... ... root for the Pats next week

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

The biggest problem with the defense was the lack of pressure on Palmer in the last two drives. He just stood back and threw strikes. If they do that with Rivers next week they'll get destroyed.

And the offense playing the way they did, besides in the fourth quarter made me happy. Seems like the key is getting the rhythm going early on.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 28

I just saw the final drive at the Longhorn, I was pumping my fist at the bar LOL Hell yea Who Dey Bengals gonna beat next, Who Dey!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'm not discouraged. I'm mad! Division games are big. We are dropping the close ones and that's really frustrating. If we get 4 quarters of good football we'll win big.. but right now we're fairly inconsistent.

Why didn't Mendenhall get more carries? He must be struggling in practice. That Limas Sweed dropped TD looks pretty big right now. It's bad that his biggest highlights are drops.
I'm guessing we will be seeing less of Sweed on the field for a stretch other than maybe some special teams. Wallace has definitely locked down that #3 spot and McDonald could move up in front of Sweed.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #55
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Yup, pitt definitely didn't deserve it. Where's lilbently at?
I'm right here!!! WHO DEY WHO DEY WHO DEY!!!

Wow what a game awesome win for the Bengals, we should be 3-0 but i'll take 2-1 with a huge win over our rivals! What a 4th quarter by the Bengals and that last drive was amazing. After that TD I was going estatic running around and I even went outside and yelled WHO DEY!

Time to party!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
I'm right here!!! WHO DEY WHO DEY WHO DEY!!!

Wow what a game awesome win for the Bengals, we should be 3-0 but i'll take 2-1 with a huge win over our rivals! What a 4th quarter by the Bengals and that last drive was amazing. After that TD I was going estatic running around and I even went outside and yelled WHO DEY!

Time to party!!!
4th and 10 Palmer converted on nice short pass, He was so clutch there at the last against a team that has had his number, Excellent win Cincy 2-1 should be 3-0. Who Dey!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »