Home

Derek Anderson to start on Sunday

This is a discussion on Derek Anderson to start on Sunday within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #17
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Derek Anderson to start on Sunday

Now Brady's done...with his career

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #18

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
DA is an epic fail, horrible decision.
So what does that make Quinn? At least Anderson has done something in the NFL.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #19

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxambition
Regardless of his obvious failure in Cleveland I still have faith that Quinn can develop into a Top 10 NFL QB.
Based on what? You must be yet another one of those Cowboys/Notre Dame/any team that won before you you realized what sport they were playing fans.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Based on what? You must be yet another one of those Cowboys/Notre Dame/any team that won before you you realized what sport they were playing fans.
Based on faith. Also, the fact that even Steve Young played for a failure team before becoming an All-Pro QB.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Yeah, each game he got worse and worse. Defenses knew he couldn't throw more than 10 yards and with that, Quinn never had a shot to move the team. We all could see it, which is why the move was made.

DA isn't going to turn this team around, but I'm sure Braylon Edwards is happy.
Very well stated EG.

Quote:
So what does that make Quinn? At least Anderson has done something in the NFL.
You can't be serious How about putting some of the onus on the head coach?? If you think Derek Anderson is gonna right that ship you're mistaken. Yes, he did make the Pro Bowl, but the year after he went back to being mediocre. The fact that you play Brady Quinn for 3 games, all of which are against the #1, #4 and #7 defenses, then yank him? That should give a lot of confidence to any QB that steps behind center huh? The kid has played 7 games TOTAL (6 if you want to count significant snaps). Why don't you just give Quinn the season and let him develop?

I'll give Anderson one thing he can do that Quinn hasn't shown he can and that's throw the long ball. It's almost like Quinn refuses to throw the long ball because he's afraid of making mistakes. This to me falls on the head coach as well seeing as he withheld the starting QB job until days before the first game. What coach in their right mind does that? If you're gonna be the starter, let whoever it is get starters reps.

It's logical to say that neither QB will be making a significant impact this season, so if you drafted Quinn to be your long-term starter, why not let him take his lumps and have the time to develop. What happens if Anderson plays like he did last week and does no better, do you go back to Quinn?

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #22
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
You can't be serious How about putting some of the onus on the head coach?? If you think Derek Anderson is gonna right that ship you're mistaken. Yes, he did make the Pro Bowl, but the year after he went back to being mediocre. The fact that you play Brady Quinn for 3 games, all of which are against the #1, #4 and #7 defenses, then yank him? That should give a lot of confidence to any QB that steps behind center huh? The kid has played 7 games TOTAL (6 if you want to count significant snaps). Why don't you just give Quinn the season and let him develop?

I'll give Anderson one thing he can do that Quinn hasn't shown he can and that's throw the long ball. It's almost like Quinn refuses to throw the long ball because he's afraid of making mistakes. This to me falls on the head coach as well seeing as he withheld the starting QB job until days before the first game. What coach in their right mind does that? If you're gonna be the starter, let whoever it is get starters reps.

It's logical to say that neither QB will be making a significant impact this season, so if you drafted Quinn to be your long-term starter, why not let him take his lumps and have the time to develop. What happens if Anderson plays like he did last week and does no better, do you go back to Quinn?
This rant has nothing to do with jmood's quote at all. All he said was that Anderson has at least been successful for a time. Quinn was given the chance and failed to do anything productive. He barely even showed a glimpse of being a good NFL QB. Tyler Thigpen did better for the Chiefs than Quinn did for the Browns.

Whereas Anderson has definitely struggled as of late, but he's not too far removed from a Pro Bowl season and that definitely counts for something.

Either way, I'm just happy because I just acquired Braylon Edwards in 2 of my fantasy leagues right before they announced this so my trade's already looking better.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #23

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxambition
Based on faith. Also, the fact that even Steve Young played for a failure team before becoming an All-Pro QB.
So do you think that every quarterback who has played bad for a bad team is somehow going to turn into a good quarterback because Steve Young did?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
So do you think that every quarterback who has played bad for a bad team is somehow going to turn into a good quarterback because Steve Young did?

Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

I'm saving up for my Tarvaris Jackson HoF induction trip already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »