Home

Colts cut DT Ed Johnson, sign kicker Matt Stover

This is a discussion on Colts cut DT Ed Johnson, sign kicker Matt Stover within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Colts cut DT Ed Johnson, sign kicker Matt Stover

I hear Stover's been beefing up since leaving the Ravens. Maybe he's planning on pulling double duty, and sliding into the D line full time in a month or so.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I hear Stover's been beefing up since leaving the Ravens. Maybe he's planning on pulling double duty, and sliding into the D line full time in a month or so.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
I'm sitting here like what the hell..........But I'll wait and see.........I like Muir and Foster....
Same here, but I don't want to have to go back to an undersized line. Foster has played really well, but at 265 it's hard to stand your ground against some of the road graders on these offensive lines. I've had hope with Muir since we claimed him off waivers from Green Bay, but he didn't even beat Ed out for the starting spot to start the season (despite his one game suspension).

With Ed we went from bottom third in defense against the run to middle of the league at 14 so far this season. It's just hard to see right now how things will work out without Ed in the middle, but I have mad faith in the decision makers on this team.

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Same here, but I don't want to have to go back to an undersized line. Foster has played really well, but at 265 it's hard to stand your ground against some of the road graders on these offensive lines. I've had hope with Muir since we claimed him off waivers from Green Bay, but he didn't even beat Ed out for the starting spot to start the season (despite his one game suspension).

With Ed we went from bottom third in defense against the run to middle of the league at 14 so far this season. It's just hard to see right now how things will work out without Ed in the middle, but I have mad faith in the decision makers on this team.
The DTs really weren't playing well this year for the most part. After the Miami game, we jumped on other teams early which forced them to pass to keep up. The Colts could've been heading for disaster if a game came up where they were down 14-0 early in the game. Right now, we're trying to compensate for the lack of interior play by stunting and jumping on other teams on the scoreboard. Releasing Ed won't make much of a difference.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 AM   #13
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

The Chargers could use a player like Johnson. They need a DT.. How big is this guy? Could he play Nose?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
The Chargers could use a player like Johnson. They need a DT.. How big is this guy? Could he play Nose?
No, I doubt he could play NT.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

i totally understand and like the matt stover signing, heck adam has been a tad inconsistent by his standards, so i wouldnt be surprised if they kept 2 kickers

but i totally dont get CUTTING ED JOHNSON, i just read that this morning, this guy teamed up with Antonio Johnson, formed a nice 1-2 punch, rotating Muir and the rookie Moala.

IMO, big mistake cutting Johnson.
I can only assume something major has happened off the field that we dont know about yet, and the Colts are one of those teams that dont tolerate off-field problems

he's too good to stay a free agent, this could come back to haunt them....watch him go to the Jaguars who could really use him right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Yea I don't understand why they cut him either. It doesn't make very much sense. They say it's more of a production issue than anything, but if that's the case then just bench the guy... why were they starting him if they didn't like his on-field performance? Anyway, there's a reason Fili Moala is a 2nd round draft pick. Let's put him on the field and see what he can do. I really like the guy and the fact that he's a cousin of Haloti Ngata helps. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »