Home

Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons

The Cowboys are coming off their bye week to face an Atlanta Falcons team that has a very dangerous offense. While the Cowboys' key players have gotten healthier (Felix Jones is healthy, but Roy Williams is still questionable), it's going to be a challenge for them to contain Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez.

I'll obviously be rooting for Dallas, but this is the first game this season that, coming into it, I really don't feel too confident about at all. We'll see what happens, but everyone for the Cowboys has to be clicking if we want to beat this Falcons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons

This game could get ugly. Matt Ryan has only been sacked 2 or 3 times this year which doesn't bode well for the Cowboys D who have been struggling to get to the QB so far this season. Tony Gonzalez (or any elite or above average TE) scares the crap out of me when they face the Cowboys. If the Cowboys when this game it will be because of turnovers and big plays on offense from Felix Jones. Though I always take the Cowboys whenever they play, I will not be surprised to see them get embarrassed yet again.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

On paper the teams match up well, but this is the Cowboys. They have the ability to play up there with some elite teams, but they simply aren't disciplined enough to keep them out of holes.

The keys to winning: run the ball often & keep the Atlanta offense off the field, minimize stupid penalties, and continue to play solid defense. Sounds simple, but we all know this team & coaching staff pretty well at this point.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

I expect a close game, probably like 23-20. Hopefully the Boys can pull it out. It's really a big game for them, as they haven't really beaten a "Good" team this year.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Felix actually isn't "healthy". I think he's practicing with a bulky brace which isn't good for what he's good at. I think his health will be key in this game (and pretty much going forward for the Boys). I'm curious to see how effective he is (especially since he's on my fantasy team). Without him, I don't like the Cowboys chances in winning this one.

On the other side, the Boys are coming off a bye and I'm still not sold on ATL playing on the road against a decent team.

Right now I'm picking ATL in a close one but definitely not all that sure about it. I'd stay away from this one in Vegas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I'll take Dallas 27-21.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
On paper the teams match up well, but this is the Cowboys.
really? I am a dallas fan and I don't see it that way. at all.

Jason Garrett will do everything possible to NOT eat the clock and Dallas's D will be ragged out before the end of the 3rd quarter.
Dallas can't stop the pass or the run, when either is executed reasonably well.

Atlanta by 10+
Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

This should be a good game to watch. Good thing the boss has taken me off the work schedule for a week, so I have no problems watching this game tomorrow evening.

The Falcons have to establish the run game. With Jerious Norwood most likely out for the game, Michael Turner has to pick up where he left off last game racking up yards, wearing down the defense. His stats aren't nearly the same as last year's, but it's most likely because the teams are better prepared for him and one or two of our offensive linemen are falling off a bit on the production (mostly center Todd McClure).

In order for the Cowboys to beat us, they have to establish the pass game and take advantage of the season-ending injury to our CB Brian Williams. He will most likely be replaced by Tye Hill, but I don't expect much from Hill. The Cowboys will also have an advantage as our defense has struggled against big offensive linemen mainly because our defensive linemen are undersized themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »