Home

There's 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, no timeouts left, the ball at their own 20

This is a discussion on There's 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, no timeouts left, the ball at their own 20 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What team has the best chance of leading a comeback in this scenario?
The Patriots 16 26.67%
The Colts 28 46.67%
The Saints 9 15.00%
The Vikings 0 0%
The Cardinals 1 1.67%
The Steelers 4 6.67%
The Giants 1 1.67%
Other 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #25
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: There's 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, no timeouts left, the ball at their ow

I want to say Peyton Manning. He is quite simply one of the most dynamic players I have ever seen play the game of football. When he's in the game I never get the sense that the Colts are out of it and that they always have a shot to do something. This is just typical of Manning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #26
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: There's 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, no timeouts left, the ball at their ow

I'm not sure how many are actual come from behind, but Brady has led 28 game-winning drives, including 6 in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Peyton has led at least 35. I had trouble finding up to date numbers. Brady's 28 are counted from before the 2009 season, and Peyton's 35 are from when he beat San Diego last year in November.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

^ It's hard to find those statistics. I always try to find them, but with no luck. I know Favre has the most though.. like 40 I think.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Got to go with Indy and not because they are my fav team. I simply think Indy has had the most experience at these types of comebacks in the "Peyton Manning era" and I'd trust them the most doing it.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
I'm not sure how many are actual come from behind, but Brady has led 28 game-winning drives, including 6 in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Peyton has led at least 35. I had trouble finding up to date numbers. Brady's 28 are counted from before the 2009 season, and Peyton's 35 are from when he beat San Diego last year in November.
Those stats are misleading. 4th quarter game-winning drives can be w/13:00 on the clock or :13.

& to curtain, its a huge diff between tying & winning drives. It's a huge diff when you need 3 pts instead of 4. FG's are way easier to get in position for. & its a different pressure when if you don't score, you lose. As oppossed to if you don't score, you go into OT. That's signifigant.

That's why, as good as Brady is, I want to know how often he's been put in that situation where he has to get a TD on that final chance. I know Ben has done it a number of times. Favre has, but he's older. Manning has been in that situation a few times. The others, I don't know.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
Banned

The Moose's Arena

OVR: 0

I voted for other for I think the Panthers can do it...(especially with Jake Delhomme at QB)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »