Home

Back To Tampa 2

This is a discussion on Back To Tampa 2 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Back To Tampa 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I have felt the Tampa 2 has cost the Colts many playoff games through the years...I can't count the amount of 3rd and longs they gave up due to lack of pressure and playing Tampa/Cover 2. Just look at the game last year vs the Chargers.

Plus as a football fan I prefer more blitzing schemes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Same. I always have. It's so damn boring and it's way too conservative. It's frustrating because I'm a Colts fan and have to live with this damn defense every year. I feel as though it's cost the Colts a lot of games throughout the years, just too conservative and not playing aggressive enough. Fortunately, Ron Meeks went to Carolina, so we have a new Defensive Coordinator in Larry Coyer. He runs the same style, but he's more aggressive than Meeks is. He's added his wrinkles into the defense, and I like them. We blitz a lot more than we used to.. and in critical situations too. We'll see how it works come Playoff time.

EDIT: Just saw your last post, and obviously, I agree.

What DTs did ya'll have in the years your talking about...did ya'll have injuries on the line???
Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
What DTs did ya'll have in the years your talking about...did ya'll have injuries on the line???
We usually a bunch of no names(such as this year lol). Except for 05, we had Corey Simon, and 06 we had Anthony McFarland. Besides that we had guys like Montae Reagor and Larry Tripplett. The past few years we've had Ed Johnson, Eric Foster, Keyunta Dawson, Antonio Johnson, Daniel Muir, etc. Mostly undersized/fast guys other than the McFarland and Simon years. And even Raheem Brock has played quite a bit of DT throughout the years.

As far as injuries, we haven't really had injuries on the D-line, but we have swapped DT's quite often. In 2005, we had Simon, but he had some sort of illness in the offseason so we let him go. McFarland came in midseason in 06, played the rest of the year, won the SB with us, before we let him go after the season as well. In 07, Ed Johnson was playing well, but in 08 we cut him for his off-field issues(smoking weed). And this year, we signed Ed Johnson back, gave him another chance. But due to the lack of production, we released him in early October. Now we're rollin with Daniel Muir and Eric Foster.

I do think we need to go out and get a big stud at DT, though. It's been a problem for us for years.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
We usually a bunch of no names(such as this year lol). Except for 05, we had Corey Simon, and 06 we had Anthony McFarland. Besides that we had guys like Montae Reagor and Larry Tripplett. The past few years we've had Ed Johnson, Eric Foster, Keyunta Dawson, Antonio Johnson, Daniel Muir, etc. Mostly undersized/fast guys other than the McFarland and Simon years. And even Raheem Brock has played quite a bit of DT throughout the years.

As far as injuries, we haven't really had injuries on the D-line, but we have swapped DT's quite often. In 2005, we had Simon, but he had some sort of illness in the offseason so we let him go. McFarland came in midseason in 06, played the rest of the year, won the SB with us, before we let him go after the season as well. In 07, Ed Johnson was playing well, but in 08 we cut him for his off-field issues(smoking weed). And this year, we signed Ed Johnson back, gave him another chance. But due to the lack of production, we released him in early October. Now we're rollin with Daniel Muir and Eric Foster.

I do think we need to go out and get a big stud at DT, though. It's been a problem for us for years.

that's what i thought...ya'll have great DEs (Freeney and Mathis) but if you don't have that 1 DT that can wreak havoc too then you'll get less pressure than you should....that year we won the SB we had Warren Sapp at NT...Greg Spires at LE...Simeon Rice at RE...and Chartric Darby at UT...only one no namer on the line...but yea ya'll needed that one DT to create penetration and it woulda been a wrap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 55

I think the Colts can't afford many expensive defenders, so that's probably why they haven't signed and held onto a big FA DT. They'll have to draft well and cherry pick a stud so they can get more than what they pay for to go along with their all world offense.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
that's what i thought...ya'll have great DEs (Freeney and Mathis) but if you don't have that 1 DT that can wreak havoc too then you'll get less pressure than you should....that year we won the SB we had Warren Sapp at NT...Greg Spires at LE...Simeon Rice at RE...and Chartric Darby at UT...only one no namer on the line...but yea ya'll needed that one DT to create penetration and it woulda been a wrap
Yup. We definitely need that, but the problem is we can't really afford it. Like CreatineKasey said, the only way is to draft a guy. And we did this year, Fili Moala, in the 2nd round. I liked him out of the draft, but I need to see him get some action, hasn't had much this year. He's a cousin of Haloti Ngata too, so that helps. lol.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 55

If you have a D-line like the Bucs did in 2002 then you never need to blitz. I think they only blitzed on 11% of passing plays all season and they hoisted the Lombardi at the end of the year. The Cover-2 is the best defense you can run but only if you have the right personnel.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #15
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
If you have a D-line like the Bucs did in 2002 then you never need to blitz. I think they only blitzed on 11% of passing plays all season and they hoisted the Lombardi at the end of the year. The Cover-2 is the best defense you can run but only if you have the right personnel.

Yep and if TB wants to get back to those days we'll have to get Ndamukong Suh in the draft this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Yep and if TB wants to get back to those days we'll have to get Ndamukong Suh in the draft this year
I approve this message.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »