Home

Cardinals @ Titans

This is a discussion on Cardinals @ Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #73
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Cardinals @ Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
LOL at this thread.

It kills some of you to give Vince Young any credit.
The only doubters I see in here are the ones saying he won't win the MVP.

Just because people are saying that doesn't mean he isn't getting his credit, because this game gave him all of his credit needed.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
The only doubters I see in here are the ones saying he won't win the MVP.

Just because people are saying that doesn't mean he isn't getting his credit, because this game gave him all of his credit needed.
that being said, even for the people saying he won't win MVP, theyt are Young supporters and their reasons are legit.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Wow. What a game this was. This loss had to of brought back some bad memories for Matt Leinart with Vince winning in the last minute again.

I'm so happy for Vince. I'm no Titans fan but I was on the edge of my seat as Vince was driving them down the field and when he threw that TD pass on 4th down, I was jumping up and down lol. Glad he proved everyone wrong and showed he can be a legit QB in this league.

One thing I noticed in this game is you can see the confidence Tennessee has in him now. There was a play when the Titans were on their own goal line, I can't remember if it was the final drive or not, but instead of playing it safe and running it, they had Vince throw them out of the shadow of their own goalpost.

About the MVP talk, he won't win it even if the Titans make the playoffs but he should be in consideration if they do. He's definitely up there with Cedric Benson for Comeback Player of the Year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
This might be the game VY's balls finally dropped.
No doubt.

Finally, Vince looked confident AND good in every aspect, all the way up to leading the game winning drive for a TD. This story was laid out perfectly and he couldn't have filled in the pieces any better. He may not have another game like that in his life, but it was probably the day all the lights went on in his head and he should carry that forward.

As for the MVP talk, lets not get crazy. Even if the Titans win out, get in the playoffs and win the SB, the MVP would be Chris Johnson. He should be a candidate even if they don't win out. I'm proud of Vince and he can definitely be the man to lead this offense, but another QB (whether you believe that's Collins or not) could also. You won't find another back in the entire league that can do what CJ's doing for this team. Maybe AP but so far this year, I'm not even sure he could fill CJ's shoes in TENN.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #77
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

I was extremely impressed with Vince Young, it was the first time I've watched him this season and what amazed me the most was how patiently he sat in the pocket. It helped that the Cardinals weren't sending anyone really to rush him most of the time, but still he looked very relaxed sitting back there making good decisions. Hopefully for Vince's sake the poise continues because when he's good he's a lot of fun to watch.

I feel bad for Leinhart since he's already getting the blame from many Cardinal fans, when personally I thought he played well and showed that he can be a quality starter for the Cardinals down the road.

I agree that it was a terrific game.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetter21
I was extremely impressed with Vince Young, it was the first time I've watched him this season and what amazed me the most was how patiently he sat in the pocket. It helped that the Cardinals weren't sending anyone really to rush him most of the time, but still he looked very relaxed sitting back there making good decisions. Hopefully for Vince's sake the poise continues because when he's good he's a lot of fun to watch.

I feel bad for Leinhart since he's already getting the blame from many Cardinal fans, when personally I thought he played well and showed that he can be a quality starter for the Cardinals down the road.

I agree that it was a terrific game.
LOL Leinart is getting the blame? Maybe those fans should take a look at their defense that let the Titans drive 99 yards on them for the win.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #79
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Britt is gonna be the best WR out of this draft...Love his size.
I still like Crabtree although having a QB like Alex Smith could limit his development.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #80
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I still like Crabtree although having a QB like Alex Smith could limit his development.
Smith has played pretty well the last 3 weeks or so and was very good today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »