Home

Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson

This is a discussion on Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson

I guess today there was something about Jim Brown saying AD is the best running back he's seen the last few years and LT took offense to that and said he's the better, more all-around RB.

Here is an article from nfl.com on this:

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=...s&confirm=true

Quote:
Sorry, LaDainian Tomlinson, but you've got it wrong.

Adrian Peterson is, in fact, the best running back in the NFL. You're not.

At one time, you held that distinction. At one time, the comparisons between you and Jim Brown, the all-time gold standard for the position, were legitimate. At one time, you carried both the football and the fortunes of the San Diego Chargers.

Not any longer.

It's hard for me to say whose better. AD and LT are my top 2 favourite players in the league but I think I agree with LT just because he is more versatile than AD. He can block, catch and doesn't fumble as much as AD.

If I was starting a team and I had to choose between the 2 I would say Adrian because currently I think he's better and he's younger but I personally think LT will end up having the better career just because he's already played for a pretty long time for a RB and I don't think AD will play as long as LT because of his running style.

I'm glad that LT stepped up and said something though. I think LT might be on the verge of a huge year this year because he has that chip on his shoulder. I can see alot of people like all those media guys who were saying LT is done saying "Oh, I knew he was gonna do good this year" at the end of the season if he has a good year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Adrian Peterson Vs. LaDainian Tomlinson

I remember when Jim said LT was the best he has ever seen. Maybe forgot he said that, or AD is now the best he ever seen.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Eh. Whenever it comes to RB's, there's a new "He's the best I've ever seen" to come along every few years or so. But then the injuries eventually take over.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Eh. Whenever it comes to RB's, there's a new "He's the best I've ever seen" to come along every few years or so. But then the injuries eventually take over.
Yeah. It's funny how RB is one of the more marketable positions yet it's so interchangeable with injuries like you said and just the overall lifespan of a RB.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Before AD was in the league Jim Brown said that Fred Taylor was the most talented back in the league. He always respected LT, but he said that LT was lucky to be in the system he was in. I kind of lost some respect for LT when he told the media he thought he was a better back than Peterson. Like I said before, IMO AD is the best pure running back I've seen since Barry Sanders. LT is the better all around back, but AD is the best when it comes to running the football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

How could you lose respect for LT because he said he thinks he's better? If you were in LT's position wouldn't you say the same? It's not like he said Adrian sucks or is a horrible RB.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #7
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

LOL. He's gonna discredit LT cause of the system he's in, yet not acknowledge that the Vikes have had one of the best left side of an offensive line for years?

AD is amazing and indeed the best back right now, but he's not always consistent...He'll give you the big run, but disapear afterwards...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Given the choice between the two, AD today and LT in 2003, I'd take LT. AD has the slight edge in running the ball, but LT's fairly significant pass catching advantage can't be ignored. AD has a slight fumbling problem that you have to look at as well.

Given the choice between the two as of right now, no question AD is the better choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »